“We stayed there for New Years Eve.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston North-Spring
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Spring
Tucson, Arizona
“We stayed there for New Years Eve.”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed there for New Year's Eve. The toilet was FILTHY. There was a dark ring under the rim. There were DARK.stripes at the back of the bowl. I looked on the housekeeper's cart. There was NO disinfectant or bowl cleaner.
I did not shower. We did not have our included breakfast. If the toilet was filthy should I expect the kitchen to be better?

Now the bad part. It was New Year's Morning. At about 8:30 AM, we were awakened by loud pounding in the room above us. It sounded like sledge hammers.

When i took our luggage to our car, I saw a palate of mortar. i spoke to one of the workers to find out that they were renovating the third floor and the first floor. We were in room 251, right in the middle!

When we checked out I informed the desk clerk about our experience. She said she was sorry. I asked to see the manager but he took the day off. I did get his card.

We returned on 1/6/14. I spoke with the manager about our experience. I showed him a photo of the toilet. I told him about our rude awakening on 1/1/14. I told him about the EARLY wake up by his workers. He said that the workers were supposed to begin work around 10 am. i asked about check out time and I was told it was noon. Shouldn't we have peace and quiet before noon?
I told him that he needed to terminate his executive housekeeper because of the filthy toilet. As far as our stay, he told me that he cold do NOTHING for us. I called corporate and they are sending a check to us.

Room Tip: Stay away from this dump until their renovation is completed.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mendjef
Susan R, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston North-Spring, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It is regrettable that you were so disappointed with the service you received. I sincerely apologize and hope that perhaps you will return when our renovations are complete.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Five nights stay for business. Check in was quick, and as a (formerly known as) Priority Club member, received a gift bag of a bottle of water, Chex mix, and chocolate chip cookies. Nice touch, and the water was needed in the hot weather. Nice staff. Lots of conference rooms, but finding the elevator and room was easy. Breakfast was the generic Holiday Inn, and good. Rooms are perpendicular to I-45, but noise wasn't bad. It's on a one way frontage road from I-45, and easy to get to it. would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors, Floor number 3
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for you positive feed back. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Be sure to come stay with us again when you are in our area!
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Two night stay for business. Check in was quick, and as a (formerly known as) Priority Club member, received a gift bag of a bottle of water, Chex mix, and chocolate chip cookies. Nice touch, and the water was needed in the hot weather. Nice staff. Lots of conference rooms, but finding the elevator and room was easy. Breakfast was the generic Holiday Inn, and good. Rooms are perpendicular to I-45, but noise wasn't bad. It's on a one way frontage road from I-45, and easy to get to, but have to jump thru hoops to get out, as it is a very busy frontage road.
If in the area again, would stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We appreciate your response. Come stay with us again.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Me & a friend stayed here because it because it was very close The Woodlands area in which we were attending a concert. Also I have to thank the staff for being very nice. My friend had even accidentally lost her computer battery as we were leaving and the staff already had it when we called to check to see if it had been left there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank amytx84
SGraysonHIEW, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston North-Spring, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for the kind remarks about the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston North-Spring Area. I'm so glad your friend's computer battery was found and our staff was able to help.
We're looking forward to your return to The Woodlands area and coming back to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites!
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and in good condition. Staff was polite and prompt. It was what should be exspected from Holiday Inn. I am a frequent business traveler. I tend to be conservative in my ratings. I would recommend this hotel to other business travelers.

• Stayed July 2013
SGraysonHIEW, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston North-Spring, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback about our property. We pride ourselves on customer service and cleanliness. We're looking forward to you coming again very soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed two nights. The initial reservation was for one night at the "advance booking" rate, then I had to add a second night just a few days before I came. For some reason, even though I kept the same room, I was told I had to check out and re-register on the second day. That's a weird extra step - you'd think this would happen enough that the computer would be able to figure it out. I wasn't recognized as a Priority Club member verbally but I did receive a bag with bottled water and snacks.

The first thing that greeted me in my room was a large roach, still alive and squirming on its back. I snapped a photo (q.v.) before disposing of it, then got some unpacking done before going out for a while. I showed the photo to the desk staff - quietly and unobtrusively because I didn't want to be "that" guest. They offered to spray the room. It ended up not happening, which is probably just as well because the smell of Raid isn't exactly conducive to a good night's sleep.

Later in the evening, I set up my laptop at the desk and started to work. I opened the drawer to store my flash drive - and it landed on my foot. There was a substantial hole in the drawer. (q.v.) Since my complaint about a roach was "resolved" by offering to spray poisonous chemicals in my room, I decided not to mention the desk.

The lobby was scrupulously clean. I never entered or left without encountering someone cleaning. The hallway to the elevators takes guests past the meeting rooms, and for whatever reason the group using the rooms left unattended backpacks up and down the hallway. I saw several people have trouble navigating their rolling suitcases past all the backpacks.

The breakfast area was clean and well-stocked. I did not use the pool or fitness rooms. I did print some things at the business center, which was clean and readily available.

This is the really weird part - when I submitted this review to the IHG website, I got an e-mail message saying that they weren't going to post it because "the hotel management will be reaching out to you via e-mail within 24 hours." That never happened, so I wrote back and asked for the review to be posted. It's been two weeks and I've received no reply, nor has the review been posted.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston North-Spring, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear jcello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am very sorry about the issues you encountered with your reservation as well as the conditions of your room. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken.

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The bathroom floor is so filthy, you can slide across it. The carpet is stained and dirty. The beds are clean and comfortable, but the room and bathroom smell like a$$ and filth. It's a subtle, rank smell that gradually sets in after you've settled in. I'll be moving to another room today because in afraid to shower in this room.

• Stayed June 2013
Susan R, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston North-Spring, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. We had no reported issues. If we had the opportunity to address the issues during your stay perhaps we would have been able to save a valuable guest.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the problems you had that lead to your dissatisfaction with our property. We want all of our guests to have a most positive experience with every stay.