We stayed there for New Year's Eve. The toilet was FILTHY. There was a dark ring under the rim. There were DARK.stripes at the back of the bowl. I looked on the housekeeper's cart. There was NO disinfectant or bowl cleaner.
I did not shower. We did not have our included breakfast. If the toilet was filthy should I expect the kitchen to be better?
Now the bad part. It was New Year's Morning. At about 8:30 AM, we were awakened by loud pounding in the room above us. It sounded like sledge hammers.
When i took our luggage to our car, I saw a palate of mortar. i spoke to one of the workers to find out that they were renovating the third floor and the first floor. We were in room 251, right in the middle!
When we checked out I informed the desk clerk about our experience. She said she was sorry. I asked to see the manager but he took the day off. I did get his card.
We returned on 1/6/14. I spoke with the manager about our experience. I showed him a photo of the toilet. I told him about our rude awakening on 1/1/14. I told him about the EARLY wake up by his workers. He said that the workers were supposed to begin work around 10 am. i asked about check out time and I was told it was noon. Shouldn't we have peace and quiet before noon?
I told him that he needed to terminate his executive housekeeper because of the filthy toilet. As far as our stay, he told me that he cold do NOTHING for us. I called corporate and they are sending a check to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston North-Spring. Our hotel boasts 120 newly refurbished rooms, including 22 suites! The Woodlands area features several corporate campuses, most notably Exxon-Mobil, Chevron-Phillips, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, Baker Hughes, Intertek, Tetra Technologies, and Woodforest National Bank. We are conveniently located just twenty minutes away from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) and forty five minutes away from Hobby Airport (HOU). The Woodlands area is about more than just business however. Come and enjoy an entertaining evening at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, one of the most beautiful outdoor venues in the U.S.! Love to shop? Come spend the afternoon wandering the Woodlands Mall featuring over 200 of the worlds finest stores and restaurants. Fan of antiquing? Don't miss this opportunity to head out to Old Town Spring just a few miles south off I-45. Head out to the shops and pick up some priceless antiques while the kids enjoy the day just around the corner at Splashtown USA! With so many opportunities and things to do in the area, it's no wonder the Woodlands is Houston's fastest growing community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston North-Spring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites The Woodlands
- Holiday Inn Spring
- Holiday Inn Express Woodlands
- Spring Holiday Inn