“Good food and wine”
Review of Crescent Moon Wine Bar - CLOSED

Crescent Moon Wine Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great "Hidden Spot" North of The Woodlands, Texas. Incredible wine list with reasonable prices. Full menu of chic American & Mediterranean entrees & snacks.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Four of us enjoyed our dinner tonight. The short ribs, moon salad, and shrimp with Gouda grits were excellent and there are many choices of wine. The staff was helpful and friendly and the atmosphere was pleasant. We did not stay for the band so cannot comment on that aspect. We would return for dinner.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

From the moment you walk in, you are transported to another country. Rodney spared no expense to make sure the ambiance is first class. The wine selections are also never ending. If for some reason, your favorite off the wall wine is not listed, just email him and its there!
Rodney is also known in the community for his heart the size of TX! For the past 4 years he has donated ever so generously to CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) to raise money for abused and neglected children.
If you ever get the chance, try The Moon, you will not be disappointed! Tell Rodney I sent you...
Amy

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited for the first time in January. The staff was very knowledgeable in wines. The food and service was outstanding. Looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank anthonyljohns
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I would have loved to give a great review. If you like to dance and love salsa, this is the place for you, but don't expect to have a conversation after the music starts. We went on a Saturday for the first time with a friend who loves the music and place. The menu looked really interesting, and we understand the the prices are up a bit because there is no cover for the entertainment. My husband ordered a filet which was tough with very little veg or potato. It was an interesting presentation, but he doubted it was a filet. I ordered their ahi tuna and asked that it be more cooked than a quick sear. After getting it wrong, the plate came and it was cooked just as I wanted it. I liked the dish, but would have loved it if there had been more pickled ginger and veg. I get more pickled ginger on a $5 sushi plate. Vegetables don't cost that much, why skimp? On the other hand, our friend ordered a seafood bruschetta that was extremely nice.

Our server came quickly when we first came, delivered the first order of wine and beer and the appetizer and disappeared. It took quite a while to find him when we were ready to order. They included the gratuity on the tab - our server REALLY didn't deserve the 20% he got.

My recommendation is to go if you love salsa and dancing. The wine selection is good, but pricey and no mixed drinks(no license yet). Maybe stick to the pizza, burgers, and appetizers(I didn't have them...perhaps read another review). Don't bother with the finer dining options. It was a popular place so many people do enjoy it. If you want a table go EARLY or make a reservation, if they have them. After the music started many people stood as there wasn't enough seating. It might be better on a weekday. They have a website that gives the entertainment.

Don't bother if you are only going for food or wine - there are better options in The Woodlands area. Go by all means for the music and dancing.

2  Thank Betty N
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We were very excited to use our Groupon here with our friends. 3 out of 4 of us ordered steaks, medium (with pink). The steaks arrived and appeared to have been boiled. They were tasteless and came with very few vegetables (even though "double veg" had been requested). The hangar steak tasted like a microwave dinner. Our friend that ordered the hamburger was happy with her meal, and the 2 bottles of wine we ordered were excellent. Service was ok. This meal total came to $300, which was WAY overpriced for what we received. I don't know how this place has almost 5 stars but 2 are generous.