“Delicious Food, Friendly Staff, Semi Fast Food Modern Style Indian”

Tarka Indian Kitchen
Order Online
Ranked #67 of 640 Restaurants in Spring
Description: Tarka serves fresh & flavorful Indian cuisine, freshly whipped lasssis & select wine & beer. Dine in. Take Out. Delivery via our many Third Party Delivery Vendors. We offer online & mobile ordering. City of Austin recognized Green Restaurant for our Take-Out Packaging & Waste Recycling.
Reviewed May 11, 2019

Like a restaurant though without the table waiters. Nice Modern Decor , interesting Indian Music old and modern styles. Friendly Staff at the counters. Clean inside.

Delicious dishes and appetizers. Nice Home Made Fountain Sodas. Great main dishes. Can be made to degree of Hotness (as in mild to very hot) Great Service

Recommended. Though not a traditional Indian restaurant, very nice food, but traditional dinners , cooked fresh

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed a fast delicious lunch at Tarka. Small but quality menu. Great flavors and wonderful customer service with reasonable prices! It’s worth a lunch visit for sure. If you’re worried about spice / heat , you have multiple options. Enjoyed my meal and my left overs.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

And affordable. The price is great without sacrificing flavor and variety. The staff were also friendly. This place is a treat for take out or casual dining. Wish it was closer to home. But it is so good we make the 30 minute drive.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Highly disappointed that I didn't try it sooner. The vegetable samosas were rich in flavor and the spices were just perfect! I found my new go to place for delicious Indian food must haves! I can hardly wait to try more of the menu items.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I have fond memories of Tarka from Austin. I remember the food being decent and actually looking forward to going there. Today however Tarka literally left a bad taste in my mouth.

My wife and I actually planned on going to Be Good. A restaurant in the same shopping center. However, after seeing Tarka, we were both excited and decided to go there. Bad decision!!!! We ordered the paneer dish and Tarka daal. Both were over spiced and tasted horrible. The food looked like it was defrosted, not even cooked right. The daal was really soggy and the Paneer dish was just soupy and tasted like it was from a jar of liquid seasoning that you can buy at an Indian store.

We went for a run in the evening and ran an extra mile or so just to sweat out the horrible heavy feeling and get the salty taste out of our system. Avoid Tarka!!! It’s on my S&$t list for sure.