“Delicious Indian Food”

Tarka Indian Kitchen
Order Online
Ranked #67 of 640 Restaurants in Spring
Description: Tarka serves fresh & flavorful Indian cuisine, freshly whipped lasssis & select wine & beer. Dine in. Take Out. Delivery via our many Third Party Delivery Vendors. We offer online & mobile ordering. City of Austin recognized Green Restaurant for our Take-Out Packaging & Waste Recycling.
Reviewed April 12, 2018

I have only had the tikka masala and coconut curries at Tarka and am looking forward to exploring the rest of their menu. The flavors are amazing and have just the right balance of spice for a lightweight like myself. They also have the very spicy options for the braver souls. This is not the place for authentically Indian fare, but it does justice to the classics. There's both indoor and outdoor seating as well as a good selection of natural sugar drinks. Their mango lemonade is delicious and also worth a try.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

I travel to Spring, TX 2 -3 times a month. I have eaten here several times. Several employees frequent this place. The food is good, however the customer service is AWFUL.

Went there for a late lunch, 1:30pm. It was not busy at all. There was no line to place my order. I placed my order and was given a ticket for my to go order. I sat at the high top bar directly across from the drink machine. My order number (43) was placed on the holder very visible. I was the only person sitting there and remember, it was NOT busy.

After waiting 20 minuets, 2 cooks come from the back with trays of food go to take their lunch break. I return to the counter to inquire about the status of my order. Another employees said I just got back from break... I don’t know. The lady who originally took my order turns around and grabs it from the waiting to be picked up area.

I then asked what’s the purpose of having a number if I have to come get my food. The lady then points at the cook and said you can go y’all to him. Really! Like I’m going to walk up to him while he is eating. Won’t be back and told all the employees at my job about the experience as well!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

Tikka Masala with shrimp was very tasty. Rice and garlic naan mixed wonderfully with the main dish. Clean/new restaurant and friendly staff. When you want fast, good food outside of the normal take out.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 18, 2018

We first discovered this chain in San Antonio and were super impressed. So we were very happy to see a location pop up in the Houston area. It didn't disappoint! Fast and easy and honestly it's nice to not have to pay a tip. It's very affordable with pretty generous portions. I love the veggie tikka masala, but the malai kofta is also spectacular. I love the build your own curry feature. Great place, will keep coming back!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Food was delicious. Perfect portion size. Love that you can customize to your specific tastes. Service is fast and friendly.

Date of visit: January 2018