“Horrible stay”

Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Spring
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am not gonna waste too much time, the room smelled like armpits and mold. There where stains on the sheets and the mattress had huge stains on it as well. The customer service was worse, when told about the smell they offered us a smoking room, like it was to smell any better. Never again, dish out a few extra bucks and get another place.

Room Tip: Pick another location. Don't stay here unless you really really just need a place to lay your he...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geneo1028
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear that the smell was so bad and that we did not have a non-smoking room for you. To prevent this from happening again, we have scheduled regular room carpet shampoos to ensure all of our rooms have a fresh aroma. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at hwd@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

As a woman alone, relocating here I thought it would be safe NOT! It's an old motel 6, with a new name but all the drug dealers and hookers! Left within the hour went up 10 miles to a VERY nice extended stay, WOW, what a night, everyone please stay away! Also had to pay 1 night for the one hour I was there!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Amo1211

Hi there,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you had to check out so early based on the conditions you encountered upon your arrival. We work to provide all of our guests with a "home away from home" environment and knowing that you felt uncomfortable is disheartening. Your feedback is very important to us as it allows us to continually improve. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at hwd@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again and regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've stayed at Extended Stay Hotels for years and have always had great experiences until this year. This hotel was behind an adult toy store, and even though I had a reservation for 2 nights when I went to check in I was told I could only have the room for one night. I was too tired to argue, but when I got to the room it was tiny, had a bar-sized refrigerator, and next to no dishes, glassware and kitchen utensils. The furniture was all damaged and falling apart, and when I tried to use the internet the access code they gave me didn't work. I decided that staying would just make me miserable so I checked out and found a much better option. As a woman traveling alone I didn't feel safe here, and will rethink staying at an Extended Stay again after this experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back -it is very noisy with highway traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TheLifestylist
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the room conditions and your reservation dates were not honored. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be conducting some extra training on our reservation procedures and cleaning policies to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at hwd@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

worst hotel ever checked in late..lobby closed had to call a number to wake clerk up from ouside wall ...smoking room asked for non-smoking
went back to change rooms had to call again from outside phone
next room key didn't work
finally got into room 45 min later this is at midnight very tired... room not cleaned

bed sheet were fresh ..i hope slept for 4-5 hrs woke up cancelled four day reservation and this is first reveiw ever written this place was that bad

Room Tip: do not go here...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that you were not satisfied with the room. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am having a meeting with my staff to make them of their responsibilities and how much our valued guests rely upon us. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hwd@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed over night when a tree fell on our house in June 2012. Our insurance placed us a this location. We stated we needed a suite with a separate room for our teenager. We were given 2 separate rooms, which would have been fine if they were anywhere near each other. Since this is an outside entrance hotel right on the highway we felt safer with the room near each other. The other room wasn't even on the SAME side of the hotel. My daughter and I shared a room with my husband taking the room around the back side. His room was not clean, the fridge had WET towels in the bottom of it, which the staff seemed aggravated when we asked to have them removed and the fridge wiped dry. Our room was horrendous! I was dirty, the box springs was ripped, it had bugs and we found toe nail clippings in the floor along with hairs in the tub. They didn't have another room to move us to and it was late when we checked in. We had been trying all day to get the insurance company to line things up and had not eaten as well. We stayed the night, left a huge complaint, which we barely got an apology. I spent the next 3 hours getting us relocated and telling the insurance company we would NOT be staying in that location.

Fresh paint on the walls and cleaning the outside doesn't help when the building should be condemned!!!!!!!!!!!! No excuse for dirty and unfit!!!!! Should rate a MINUS 10!!!

Room Tip: Find a better place to stay, we moved to the Candlewood sites for 8 weeks. This place should be tor...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Karen - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry that you were given rooms that were not next to each other, for the broken refrigerator in your room and for the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, I am coaching our front desk staff on different ways to reserve rooms when reservations include two or more.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I invite you to contact me, at hwd@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

If you have no choice but to go there, do not use the free breakfast bar. They keep track of everything at that bar and they cancel your reservations, attach the money for other fees and kick you out to recover the cost of the food you stole. Yes, if you use the breakfast bar, they consider you are stealing food. One man had proof his company paid for 2 weeks and they tried to convince him the company stranded him there and they wanted more money from him. The rooms are dirty and disease infested. I had to get treated for a fungal infection after staying there.
They said a lady was being greedy because she got more than one cup of coffee from the bar. They said they give each room a pack of coffee to start and she should be getting her coffee out of the vending machine. I said really?. There was no coffee in my room when I checked in, suddenly I was a liar and a thief.
Don't go there ... pay the few extra dollars to go to one of the other hotels. The management and staff there are evil.

Room Tip: If you have no choice but to go there, make sure you get a room over the back parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Miriam - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our staff seemed to be watching our guests movements throughout the hotel and at the grab-and-go breakfast bar. Please know, while we do watch out for our guests and to ensure that our breakfast is replenished as needed, we do not mean to make our presence known at all times. I will speak with the staff so that this is not a problem moving forward. As well, I will be coaching them on different ways to provide better customer service in the future.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at hwd@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've read the reviews on trip advisor prior to coming to the woodlands so i was expecting a very horrible and ran down hotel... NOT TRUE.. My credit card information was stolen at the airport and was unable to charge my room to my card so Porsha and her Manager ( i wish i knew her name) was very understanding and very helpful. Porsha made my husband and i feel very comfortable and at ease like everything was going to be ok. If i had to give a number rating i would be a 20+. If Porsha and her Manager is able to see this JOB WELL DONE LADIES i appreciate everything you ladies did for me and my family because of you two my family and i will be staying back at there THANK YOU.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. It's great to hear that Porsha made you and your Husband's stay with us so comfortable. It is truly rewarding to read such amazing comments about the staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spring
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston North-Spring
Hampton Inn & Suites North Houston Spring
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#12 of 16 in Spring
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Spring / N. Houston
Super 8 Spring/The Woodlands Area
Hyatt Place Houston / The Woodlands

Been to Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands? Share your experiences!