“Worst place ever!!”

Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Spring
“Worst place ever!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

As a woman alone, relocating here I thought it would be safe NOT! It's an old motel 6, with a new name but all the drug dealers and hookers! Left within the hour went up 10 miles to a VERY nice extended stay, WOW, what a night, everyone please stay away! Also had to pay 1 night for the one hour I was there!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Amo1211
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hi there,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you had to check out so early based on the conditions you encountered upon your arrival. We work to provide all of our guests with a "home away from home" environment and knowing that you felt uncomfortable is disheartening. Your feedback is very important to us as it allows us to continually improve. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at hwd@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again and regain your confidence in us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've stayed at Extended Stay Hotels for years and have always had great experiences until this year. This hotel was behind an adult toy store, and even though I had a reservation for 2 nights when I went to check in I was told I could only have the room for one night. I was too tired to argue, but when I got to the room it was tiny, had a bar-sized refrigerator, and next to no dishes, glassware and kitchen utensils. The furniture was all damaged and falling apart, and when I tried to use the internet the access code they gave me didn't work. I decided that staying would just make me miserable so I checked out and found a much better option. As a woman traveling alone I didn't feel safe here, and will rethink staying at an Extended Stay again after this experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back -it is very noisy with highway traffic.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TheLifestylist
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the room conditions and your reservation dates were not honored. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be conducting some extra training on our reservation procedures and cleaning policies to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at hwd@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Spring, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2013

worst hotel ever checked in late..lobby closed had to call a number to wake clerk up from ouside wall ...smoking room asked for non-smoking
went back to change rooms had to call again from outside phone
next room key didn't work
finally got into room 45 min later this is at midnight very tired... room not cleaned

bed sheet were fresh ..i hope slept for 4-5 hrs woke up cancelled four day reservation and this is first reveiw ever written this place was that bad

Room Tip: do not go here...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that you were not satisfied with the room. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am having a meeting with my staff to make them of their responsibilities and how much our valued guests rely upon us. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hwd@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Spring, Texas
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed over night when a tree fell on our house in June 2012. Our insurance placed us a this location. We stated we needed a suite with a separate room for our teenager. We were given 2 separate rooms, which would have been fine if they were anywhere near each other. Since this is an outside entrance hotel right on the highway we felt safer with the room near each other. The other room wasn't even on the SAME side of the hotel. My daughter and I shared a room with my husband taking the room around the back side. His room was not clean, the fridge had WET towels in the bottom of it, which the staff seemed aggravated when we asked to have them removed and the fridge wiped dry. Our room was horrendous! I was dirty, the box springs was ripped, it had bugs and we found toe nail clippings in the floor along with hairs in the tub. They didn't have another room to move us to and it was late when we checked in. We had been trying all day to get the insurance company to line things up and had not eaten as well. We stayed the night, left a huge complaint, which we barely got an apology. I spent the next 3 hours getting us relocated and telling the insurance company we would NOT be staying in that location.

Fresh paint on the walls and cleaning the outside doesn't help when the building should be condemned!!!!!!!!!!!! No excuse for dirty and unfit!!!!! Should rate a MINUS 10!!!

Room Tip: Find a better place to stay, we moved to the Candlewood sites for 8 weeks. This place should be tor...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Karen - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry that you were given rooms that were not next to each other, for the broken refrigerator in your room and for the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, I am coaching our front desk staff on different ways to reserve rooms when reservations include two or more.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I invite you to contact me, at hwd@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013

If you have no choice but to go there, do not use the free breakfast bar. They keep track of everything at that bar and they cancel your reservations, attach the money for other fees and kick you out to recover the cost of the food you stole. Yes, if you use the breakfast bar, they consider you are stealing food. One man had proof his company paid for 2 weeks and they tried to convince him the company stranded him there and they wanted more money from him. The rooms are dirty and disease infested. I had to get treated for a fungal infection after staying there.
They said a lady was being greedy because she got more than one cup of coffee from the bar. They said they give each room a pack of coffee to start and she should be getting her coffee out of the vending machine. I said really?. There was no coffee in my room when I checked in, suddenly I was a liar and a thief.
Don't go there ... pay the few extra dollars to go to one of the other hotels. The management and staff there are evil.

Room Tip: If you have no choice but to go there, make sure you get a room over the back parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Miriam - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our staff seemed to be watching our guests movements throughout the hotel and at the grab-and-go breakfast bar. Please know, while we do watch out for our guests and to ensure that our breakfast is replenished as needed, we do not mean to make our presence known at all times. I will speak with the staff so that this is not a problem moving forward. As well, I will be coaching them on different ways to provide better customer service in the future.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at hwd@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Antioch, California, Usa
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've read the reviews on trip advisor prior to coming to the woodlands so i was expecting a very horrible and ran down hotel... NOT TRUE.. My credit card information was stolen at the airport and was unable to charge my room to my card so Porsha and her Manager ( i wish i knew her name) was very understanding and very helpful. Porsha made my husband and i feel very comfortable and at ease like everything was going to be ok. If i had to give a number rating i would be a 20+. If Porsha and her Manager is able to see this JOB WELL DONE LADIES i appreciate everything you ladies did for me and my family because of you two my family and i will be staying back at there THANK YOU.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. It's great to hear that Porsha made you and your Husband's stay with us so comfortable. It is truly rewarding to read such amazing comments about the staff.

Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The furnishings were new, modern, and pleasant looking. That's about all I have to say was good.
I had intended to stay at this hotel for 6 weeks while at my internship, but left after the first night. The room I booked was much small than was I had imagined, and the pictures only show the larger rooms to begin with, which were far more open than the cramped room I received. Not to mention the bathroom, which had no counter space and was the smallest I'd ever had at a hotel. And their so called provided dining and cooking utensils were two of everything, except for the single bowl, which was too small to be of use, and the low quality skillet and small pot.
I booked a non-smoking room and was given a smoking room, and, much to my protest, they couldn't change me to a non-smoking room. The the air conditioner didn't work properly, the exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work at all, and the dead bolt didn't close. I had them fill out a maintenance request to try and fix the stench in the room, the exhaust fan, the air conditioner, and the dead bolt. It was 8 pm on Sunday, so maintenance was gone, and they said they would come by the next morning. I left for work and got back in the early evening to find nothing was fixed.
I am a fairly light sleeper, and was not comfortable at all sleeping. The curtains hardly blocked the bright lights from the outdoor corridor, the sound of the highway just across was an annoyance to put it lightly (to which ear plugs couldn't even drown out), and the lack of a dead bolt definitely reduced my sense of security. On top of that, the smoke in the room bit me again, as my eyes burned and were bloodshot when I woke up from the remaining smoke. Needless to say, when they didn't fix anything the next day, I wasn't going to deal with that a second night.
When I did cancel my room, they charged me for both the night I stayed and the day I checked out, even though I hadn't slept there that night and they didn't gave me the room I had reserved, and they nearly tripled the rate I was originally paying.
I would not recommend this to anyone who is a light sleeper with any standards of living.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, pick a room on the far side, away from the highway, and be sure to re...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Blake - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the lock on your door and bathroom exhaust fan were not fixed in a timely manner. As well, for the slight odor in your room and the noise disturbances which came from outside the hotel. In response, I am reviewing our customer service standards with the entire staff and working with our different departments to repair items as well as eliminate any cleanliness issues throughout the property.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me at hwd@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spring
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston North-Spring
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites North Houston Spring
Super 8 Spring/The Woodlands Area
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Spring / N. Houston
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands

Been to Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands? Share your experiences!