Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands
$104
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Spring)(Great Value!)
$70
$125
$175
$166
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This place is set up to be just what it is-a convenient and relatively inexpensive place to sleep, cook, enjoy widescreen TV and know that no rowdys are allowed. I like to keep to myself, but when I have needed something, the staff is right there to assist. It is close to everything, but the people that live in this area know that this hotel is a special place and it seem to watch after those here. Bryan, Ashley, Merle and the director of maintenance, Alfred, are all first-class and there to serve. Very pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: There is no pool or restaurant, but nice restaurants within walking distance across the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dave K
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that enjoyed your stay and that the staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I'm a frequent visitor to the Woodlands and have logged many nights in hotels. I wrote a review for Super 8 which is my most common destination. However, on trips where I was staying weeks, I would go to the Extended Stay.

What I liked was the kitchen. It was nice to have the kitchen utencils (when they were actually there) and the ability to heat food up. My wife was there a few times and cooked a few meals for us when we were tired of restaurants.

What I dislike is the staff. There used to be a manager there that was terrible. Nothing got done, things didn't work, rooms were missing items, and regardless of your complaint, you were ignored. Whether that has changed or not is unknown.

I also dislike the internet. THEY CHARGE for internet access. Shame on you ESA.

Walls are thin and you hear everything from room to room. ESA is filled with people staying semi-long time and you often have people outside their rooms, or on the balconies smoking and talking ... often into the night.

In comparison, the rooms are small but cozy and the television worked. I can't say the same for the remote controls - I can't tell how many times I have had to complain about not being able to change channels.

If you need a hotel room for multiple nights or weeks, and you can tolerate a few of the aggravations, then ESA is the place to go ... full kitchen, large bathroom, nice refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Joe M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Joe - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Please know, I have addressed the issues outlined in your review with the entire staff. We will use your feedback as a way to improve and shape our future policies.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

We made group reservations a year in advance at this location for the Texas IronMan. The week of the race, this hotel called us and told us that they bumped us and will not be honoring our reservation. This caused complete chaos because we were traveling in from out of state. Finally, we got everything resolved after a lot of back and forth. When we checked in they put 3 of the 4 non-smoking reservations in smoking rooms. The rooms were very run down looking. The comforter and sheets must be the originals from when the hotel first opened. Our towles were not changed out after the first night. We requested more when management informed us they were out of fresh towels and their washer was broken. They told us we would have towels before the end of the day. We did not receive fresh towels until the next morning. On top of all of this, the staff was very rude and needs some serious customer service training. We never received one apologie. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody!! We travel a lot and have stayed at some pretty bad hotels but this one tops the list, mainly because of the staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank MNMomMN33
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Economy Houston - The Woodlands. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. In order for us to continue offering such value, we maintain fully staffed front desk hours between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

This was the perfect spot for tween stay (between moves). Ashley was a great help at the front desk. She was always very cordial and willing to assist with whatever we needed. A nice variety of restaurants, a grocery store, and a convenience store are walking distance from the hotel; which was a plus. For those travelling, it is very close to the mall and the waterway...lots of entertainment. I'll admit, the beds weren't as comfortable as I'd like; but for the value they're okay. With excellent customer service like I received, I can deal with that for a couple of days. I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: No wifi on the third floor
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alondra T
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Houston - The Woodlands. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed November 29, 2011

Do not stay here unless things have hit rock bottom. Bring mattress covers and your own sheets and pillows.

• Stayed: November 2011