“Way above average. Recommended.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Las Tablitas Mexican Grill
Ranked #18 of 22 Restaurants in Spicewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We've eaten here twice and I would've rated Las Tablitas excellent, but there were a couple of minor issues.

I had a taco-cheese enchilada-rice-beans lunch plate. Everything was delicious, but the portions were a bit undersized. The cheese enchilada gravy was superb, and they use (the correct) American cheese. The missus had a taco salad and said it was perfect. Chips and salsa were good; I prefer no cilantro in my salsa, but that's just me.

The second time around I had the green chicken enchiladas. I requested extra verde sauce because the enchiladas were a little dry. The verde sauce flavor was incredible, but it was somewhat salty. My wife had the carne guisada. She raved about it, so I tried a bite. Way beyond excellent; some of the best carne guisada I have ever experienced. Their flour tortillas were freshly made and perfect. I prefer corn, but I know a proper flour tort when I see and taste one.

The service is friendly and quick. The place is also finely constructed. It's worth the trip just to check out the wood and craftsmanship. But, so far, the food is way beyond the norm.

Don't snooze on this one.