Review Highlights
Fresh water pool and spring, very exhilarating and good family fun

I wanted to see waterfalls in Texas and this place came up in the search (thank you Mr. Google... read more

Reviewed October 3, 2018
haalio
Nice day trip

Nice place, it's a beautiful property, they have a small spring fed pool at entrance level, to get... read more

Reviewed September 18, 2018
Alex-and-Ellie
via mobile

All reviews rope swing wind chimes butterfly garden swimming hole slippery rocks spring fed natural pool cypress trees water shoes natural spring day trip no pets great place to cool off plenty of picnic tables cold spring hill country ice chest
Reviewed July 11, 2015

We have been to other swimming holes around Austin area and after some research came up with this place . Some Austin locals we talked to had never heard of it and of course never been there . We ventured there into the boonies and were pleasantly surprised. The trees are great but the swimming holes fed by the natural springs is what makes it all worth it. Very scenic property- very TEXAS .

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed July 9, 2015

Really nice location. Drove from Houston for about 2.5-3 hours. It was our first visit during summer and it was packed with mostly college kids and some families. the butterfly garden had some butterflies and cool winchimes but nothing spectacular. the man made pools were ok but the natural springs were a delight to see however, the water was the color of mud and because of the crowd, there was hardly any place to camp. Also we spotted a big snake chasing a frog right around the tables where people were eating. I believe that for charging the amounts and with the flow of people, the owners would do a better job of maintaining, keeping place safe/clean specially since we had a 4 year old with us. I gave a 4 star rating for the natural beauty and scenery but maintenance would be average at best IMO. Only Cash accepted with No ATM on site and though we visited for day trip only I have heard horror stories about rowdy and noisy campers overnight through friends but don't know personally to be fair. I would recommend visiting this place at least once but make preparations accordingly and judge yourself.

3  Thank ashar g
Reviewed July 9, 2015

What a great place! Camping available, swimming in a pool fed from natural springs plus "swimming hole" swimming, rope swing, cliff jump, and several waterfalls make this a can't miss place on your journey! It is PRIVATELY owned and the prices are very good as well.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed June 30, 2015

This is a beautiful little swim spot about 40 minutes west of Austin. The huge beautiful cypress trees let you know you're in the south and the swimming hole is refreshing and fun. There's also a pool, picnic tables, bbq spots and lots of space for you to spread out. It's worth the drive to check out a beautiful swimming hole in central Texas hill country.

Reviewed June 29, 2015

I had most unpleasant experience at Krause Spring. The staff at the entering who as he told me was the offspring of Kraus family was very rude, uncultured and arrogant. As I did not have cash and debt or credit cards were not expected I tried to see from the parking lot if this place is worth to come back or recommend my friends. I was yelled at and asked to leave the parking lot in 2 minutes despite my 2 year old needing bathroom. Additionally, I was not convinced if it save.

I would not recommend for any person with self-respect.

4  Thank Aglay I
Kyle B, Guest Relations Manager at Krause Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2015

I'm sorry for your negative experience at the springs and if our staff member at the office was rude in any way. You are correct, we accept cash only, and we have that information available on the front page of our website. Our staff member should have informed you that there was an ATM at the gas station located less than 5 minutes from the springs.

We don't allow guests onto our property who haven't paid nor signed the release form for safety and liability purposes. Our staff member might have thought you were going to try and enter the property at the time without paying, which is why he probably yelled. Again I apologize if he seemed rude.

There is also a restroom located at that same gas station, had you decided to go there. If you were to pay to enter our property and decided you did not like it or that it was not safe, we would have happily refunded your money.

I'm sad to hear you won't recommend our springs based on your experience with one staff member and the glimpse you had from the parking lot. I hope you change your mind and try to visit us again so you can have a better experience and give a fair assessment of our property.