“Hard to find but worth it”

Spicewood Vineyards
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Spicewood
Tampa, Florida
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Hard to find but worth it”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is our favorite Texas vineyard and we've been to a lot of them. A little hard to find but worth it. If you reach the end of 409 you've gone too far.

Unpretentious. Just great wine very reasonabvly priced. Nice outside spaces to sit and enjoy the quiet and the wine. Ask for the merlot. It is to die for!

Visited October 2013

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Experience Every Time”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've always had great experiences at Spicewood every time I've gone there. The reds are above average, the setting is gorgeous, the cheese plate is plentiful and the people are kind and inviting. I've gone there twice when it was one hour left until closing and both times I stayed past closing because of the great conversations I've had with the staff. My brothers and I range from novice to knowledgeable concerning wine and they made us feel very welcomed. The tasting counter is a fun experience, but grabbing a $5 glass of your favorite and chilling out on their patio overlooking the vineyard is where it's at. Their $12.50 cheese plate doesn't offer any hard to find cheeses, but it features a lot of variety and a ton of cheese. It doesn't leave you thinking you paid 12 bucks for three bites of cheese, that's for sure. I feel like I've made a new friend every time I leave Spicewood because the staff enjoys what they're doing and they're more than happy to share the joy with you.

Visited October 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Won't bother making the trip out again.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Our hostess giving the tour just read the description off the menu to us, and flirted inappropriately to one of her co-workers the entire time.
The wine was boring, and I felt like I wasted my entire day.

Visited November 2012
Austin, Texas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“A nice little surprise”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Just off 71, passing by free range cattle is this quaint little I vineyard and tasting room. I was pleasantly surprised by these local wines. No, it's not Napa but, definitely worth a trip into the wilderness.

Visited September 2013
Houston
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“A new view of Texas wines”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I'm usually pretty snobby about domestic wines, Texas wines in particular. That said, Spicewood winery is making great strides to develop some very nice Hill Country wines. I would suggest showing up on Thursday to avoid crowds. The tasting was inexpensive at $5/person for 8 wines. The fee is waived if you buy a bottle. It was informational in finding out which grapes were raised locally and which varieties were brought in from California or Oregon to form the various bottles. It was also set on some beautiful grounds with a very quaint setting for enjoying the experience. It was well worth the time and we went away with a bottle of Syrah, a jar of jalapeño raspberry mustard, and some mango vinegar.

Visited May 2013