“Powerful good burgers, with one flaw”
Review of Angel's Icehouse

Angel's Icehouse
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Spicewood
Cuisines: Healthy, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Hill Country dining at its best! Homecooked food, Iced cold beer, family atmosphere with one of the best waitstaffs around! Check out our webpage for live music calendar and friend us on facebook so you are always in on the action! By the way - we have a doggy menu too...(for leashed, friendly animals willing to have their parents sit outside with them)
Spicewood, TX
“Powerful good burgers, with one flaw”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Exceptional meat quality, thin patties (the way I like 'em) cooked crispy around the edges, but not all dried out. One big burger flaw: no american cheese. How can you prepare a cheeseburger without american cheese?

Above-average fries, hand cut and cooked just right, but sometimes a little greasy. Onion rings are the fat ones which I don't care for.

The service is always consistent. The outside dining area is relaxing and pleasant.

Live music shows are always good featuring local talent performing local (not Nashville) music.

Only other problem with this place is the 'juke box.' They do play top-40, Nashville country music; this is unacceptable. This spoils my appetite and makes me want to leave. We have our own style of country music here in Texas, and it doesn't sound anything like Nashville muck.

• Visited July 2012

austin
“Go for the patio and drinks, just don't order food.”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Love the outdoor setting with picnic tables and music stage, but the food is not very good. Overpriced and overdone food was served to us on three different nights. IF in the area go for the atmosphere and have a few drinks, but eat elsewhere.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank AustinTrip
Spicewood, Texas
“Fun Stop”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Enjoy the outdoor feeling and music. Great place to grab a cold beer and Hamburger.

Visited June 2012
“What Texas is all about...IMO”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My father lived in Texas for over 20 years and during that time we visited many times and hands down the staff, the food, the atmosphere is exactly what Texas is all about; like you are at home with friends. Even though I'm from Califonia, I was treated like a local regular; you aren't going to get that in many places. It is the very reason I came back here during my vacation. Thank you Angels for the great time, great food and great service; not to mention the important role I just learned you play in the community. Look forward to coming back the next time I'm in Texas.

Spicewood
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“you pay for the surroundings”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have lived in Spicewood for the past 5 years and decided to finally try Angels even though most of my friends said you will be disappointed. Disappointed? "The food is expensive for what they serve" I am okay with expensive as long as you get your money's worth. I didn't get my money's worth. Service was good. I ordered the Bacon Swiss Cheeseburger and my wife ordered the Caesar Salad, both were very disappointing. The fries were all burnt, the burger was small. My wife's salad was very wilted and not fresh. Small portion for the price. I wish I could take back my money and would have had drinks instead. It's a cool place to hang out and have drinks, but if you're looking for good food, eat at La Cabana before you go.

• Visited June 2012