“One of the best wine tastings around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Farpointe Cellar Wine Emporium - CLOSED

Farpointe Cellar Wine Emporium
“One of the best wine tastings around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

I'm not sure what wine bistro some of these reviewers were at, but it certainly isn't the Farpointe I have enjoyed for over two years. The flights are generous. The staff if young, friendly and knowledgable. A single women can come in alone and feel safe and welcome. This is, and will continue to be, why first choice when I think of a wine experience.

southlake tx
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Avoid this place !!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

I read both reviews and thought maybe this place had gotten its act together and improved from the review in 2007. I was wrong. Staff was very unfriendly and wine on their flights were bad. The two of us each chose a different flight so we could try twice the wine. Out of the 10 SMALL samples we were given for $20. none were worth a second full glass even if it were free. With so many good wineries in Grapevine area it is no wonder this place was almost empty. Will not be on my list to every go back or suggest anyone else to go there.

2 Thank ntx traveler t
jpate
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Wine, Great Staff, Great Pricing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

Visit Farpointe, the store has a very large selection of very unique wines from all over the world. The staff is very knowledgeable (my favorites are Trey and Simon) and can help you find the wine that you are looking for, even if you are not really sure what that is. I can always go in there with a fairly broad description and they will find exactly what I want. I also enjoy going to the bar next door they do fun moderately priced tastings that are $20 a flight and you get 5 wines which change from week to week and are always unique. The staff in the bar is inviting and like you to feel at home (kind of like the local 'Cheers' ) and have a pretty good knowledge of wine as well. Their regular menu is also something to check out if you are not into tastings. They have a pretty large selections of wines by the glass and from what I have gathered are marked up only 30% to 40% and if you want a bottle from the store they will go get it and charge you a low corkage fee. Its one of my weekly rituals and I hope you love it as much as I do.

2 Thank jpate
Wimberley, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“what a ripoff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2007

I have been to several wine tasting locations in Texas and almost all of them in Grapevine. When I saw this location I was excited to try another one.

When entering the decor looked ok, but the staff seemed stuffy and somewhat rude, not what I expected. Normally the attitude in this area is helpful and very friendly. NOT HERE. Although the price for 5 shot sized tastings was $15, listed were wines they said were premium wines and we thought we would go ahead and try them. They have 2 flights, or listings, and were suggested to try each so we could taste 10 wines. We agreeded and started tasting.

Not one of the ten pourings were decient. Neither of us would have wanted a free pouring of any of them, much less the 6-18 dollars per glass they wanted to charge. Some of the wines were so bad we left some of the shot sized pouring in the glass. The server started to pour the next wine into the same glass without even pouring out the unwanted wine from the previous selection. Only when we demanded the glass washed did they do so showing an attitude of disgust from the hassle.

Most tasting rooms are helpful, have crackers to clean you pallet after each wine and chocolate to enhance the flavor of some wines. Here everything was for an extra charge. It is apparent they are here for the dollar.

There are other places to chose from that really want to help you find a wine to your liking. I suggest not chosing this one.

4 Thank dynaman