“Second time around not so great.”

Kirby's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Kirby's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 156 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Southlake Blvd
Fort Worth, Texas
“Second time around not so great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

Ok we were excited to eat at Kirby's again, It was the wife's birthday and I had made a reservation, I told them that and they said they would note it. Nothing...They never said a word. Most restaurants in this price range at least wish her a happy bday.
The food this time just wasn't that great. My fillet was average and the wine that the waiter suggested for my wife and myself WAS TERRIBLE. The waiter even pushed an upgrade on both glasses...I can't imagine what we would of gotten. At $12 a glass it should be at least OK. The bright spot was the wife's crab cake, it was the best I've had.

Grapevine, Texas
“Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

Perhaps this is an unfair judgement, my family and I dined there during Restaurant Week. Perhaps that's not the correct event title but regardless, the opinion of our food will not change. We did not savor one item. For a steakhouse of this caliber one would expect that in a party of three, one entree would have been appreciated for its culinary flavor and presentation. Nope. It was a total waste of our money and most importantly our time. We thought we could enjoy a gourmet meal locally. We should have fought rush hour traffic and headed into the city. The conversation home was dismal. Not one of us would recommend this establishment to our enemies let alone our friends. I'm amazed they're still in business.

Dallas
“Definitely overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

My husband and I love a good steak, and have tried many. We have been wanting to go to Kirby's because of what we heard.What a disappointment. Could of gone to an average chain steakhouse and gotten a much better tastier, tender steak for much less.The music was way to loud, but our server was really good.

Tel 817 2238182 Mary

Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

We got a coupon when we bought our new Lexus for a bottle of wine so we made the long trip to Kirby's. Great food with huge portions, good service and nice decor. Recommended.

1 Thank hillbilly60
Vienna, Austria
“My worldwide favorite for steaks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

I don't know too may steakhouses I guess, but I have been to the best known names around the world, inluding the US top list Ruth's Chris, Mo's, Morton's, and many others. I certainly had more opportunity to test Kirby's as it is next to our office in Southlake.

We have taken customers there and we eat there frequently, sometimes just a small filet at the bar. There is not a huge selection but each item on the menu is rather as good as it gets. I have never been disappointed and the meat quality has always been absolutely incredible. The service is always outstanding and the bartenders are all a cut above the rest.

1 Thank emmjaypee

Been to Kirby's Steak House? Share your experiences!