“Great!”

Kirby's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Kirby's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 154 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Southlake Blvd
528gvtx
“Great!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Love eating in the bar area and enjoying happy hour appetizers and great drinks.
The regulars who go here makes it feel like a neighborhood bar where everybody knows your name.
If you go during happy hour it's not as expensive as you would think for a restaurant of this caliber.

Enjoy and try a chocolate martini from Teddy!

• Visited February 2013

Arlington, TX
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I took my wife here for her birthday. I didn't realize until we got there that I had actually been there before several years ago. I don't remember that experience but I'll remember this one for quite some time.

The service was excellent and the food was delicious. We had the calamari and the crab cake for appetizers. The calamari was tender and delicious but I didn't care for the fried peppers they served with it. However, the crab cake was excellent. Then for dinner, I had the beef medallions with fettuccini and my wife had the peppercorn steak with macaroni and cheese. The beef was some of the best we've ever had. It was incredibly tender, perfectly cooked and came as close to being "melt in your mouth" as beef can get. Both the fettuccini and the mac and cheese were incredibly rich and tasty.

But be warned that this is not the place to go if you're dieting. Everything is in a beurre blanc or something just as decadent. This is a place to go to celebrate reaching a weight loss goal...and then the next day you go back on your diet to take off the pounds you gained eating at Kirby's. But, if you're going to gain weight, this is the way to do it.

Our bill was about $130 before tipping for what I described above along with a Cosmopolitan. It was a little bit loud (packed on a Wednesday night) for a romantic venue but other than that it was a wonderful experience.

• Visited March 2013
Stuart, Florida
“Poor waiter”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

business dinner for table of 7 waiter brought me the wrong steak and new it. I didn't want to send it back to delay everyone else. basic filet instead of the peppercorn filet with cognac sauce. Offered to bring me sauce when it was presented. I just dont expect this when we spend $1,000. + for dinner
he got a 200 tip and screwed the restaurant out of the next few dinners

• Visited February 2013
San Jose, California, United States
“Yeeehaw! Possibly the Best HIgh End Steakhouse in Texas!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I visit the Dallas area every 6 months, and always try to get one business dinner in at Kirby's. The food, which is typical high-end steakhouse fare, is expertly prepared. Wine list is appreciable (for Texas). The service is never less than impeccable. Heck, they'll even ferry you to and from the Marriott Solana Hotel (and others). And, you can enjoy it all under an enormous portrait of a stereotypical cowboy with his boots propped up. There is a decent bar to wait in if they don't have a table ready for you, and there is often a good local band playing the the corner. Kirby's answers the question of why people should visit Texas.

• Visited January 2013
Keller, Texas
“Kirby's great food”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I enjoy a good steak and Texas has some great beef, it is not hard to find a good place to eat especially near cowtown... Kirbys was great from the start. My wife and I went on a Friday night. If you are smart you will call for resevations. It gets packed really quickly. I actually had to take her here, since the first time I went I took my family from out of town to Kirby's. So it was time. We went in and there was a duo singing and playing some music that was really nice, several people enjoyed it so much they felt like singing along. It felt like a welcoming atmosphere.
My ribeye was cooked just like I asked for it to be cooked and my wife enjoyed her steak also. The waitress was friendly and attentive. Go on by , have a great meal, but CALL FIRST< a week in advance if you want prime time... 6-9 on weekends.

• Visited March 2012

Been to Kirby's Steak House? Share your experiences!