“Poor waiter” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kirby's Steak House

Kirby's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Kirby's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 154 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Southlake Blvd
Stuart, Florida
“Poor waiter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

business dinner for table of 7 waiter brought me the wrong steak and new it. I didn't want to send it back to delay everyone else. basic filet instead of the peppercorn filet with cognac sauce. Offered to bring me sauce when it was presented. I just dont expect this when we spend $1,000. + for dinner
he got a 200 tip and screwed the restaurant out of the next few dinners

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

San Jose, California, United States
“Yeeehaw! Possibly the Best HIgh End Steakhouse in Texas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I visit the Dallas area every 6 months, and always try to get one business dinner in at Kirby's. The food, which is typical high-end steakhouse fare, is expertly prepared. Wine list is appreciable (for Texas). The service is never less than impeccable. Heck, they'll even ferry you to and from the Marriott Solana Hotel (and others). And, you can enjoy it all under an enormous portrait of a stereotypical cowboy with his boots propped up. There is a decent bar to wait in if they don't have a table ready for you, and there is often a good local band playing the the corner. Kirby's answers the question of why people should visit Texas.

• Visited January 2013
Keller, Texas
“Kirby's great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I enjoy a good steak and Texas has some great beef, it is not hard to find a good place to eat especially near cowtown... Kirbys was great from the start. My wife and I went on a Friday night. If you are smart you will call for resevations. It gets packed really quickly. I actually had to take her here, since the first time I went I took my family from out of town to Kirby's. So it was time. We went in and there was a duo singing and playing some music that was really nice, several people enjoyed it so much they felt like singing along. It felt like a welcoming atmosphere.
My ribeye was cooked just like I asked for it to be cooked and my wife enjoyed her steak also. The waitress was friendly and attentive. Go on by , have a great meal, but CALL FIRST< a week in advance if you want prime time... 6-9 on weekends.

• Visited March 2012
Texas
“Good food, good service but unfortunate sanitation problem with poor resolution”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Went with my wife for a good local steak. We usually choose Bob's in Grapevine but thought we'd try an old favorite after not dining here for quite a while. All was good in the lounge and bar before dinner; great drinks, great service and dinner started out well also; had a very nice table, good service and the food was good; although the medium steak was dry. Halfway through dinner my wife noticed something in her water glass; it turned out to be a small dead cockroach. We totally understand that this can happen even in the cleanest of restaurants so we simply brought it to out server's attention and didn't make a big deal of it thinking they would somehow remedy the situation which they did by offering a free dessert while we were still eating dinner. Our appetites vanished pretty quickly so we asked for the check and left. I made the reservation through Open Table, they sent a standard follow up/thank you email a few days later that asked if I'd like to be contacted by the restaurant if there had been any problems, so I clicked "yes" and never heard from anyone.

• Visited July 2012
Fort Worth, TX
“Like butter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

from the moment we were seated at our table our dining experience was like butter. Our waiter was prompt and attentive the entire meal. Your started out with sourdough bread in a creamy salted butter. I started out with lobster bisque and my wife the chop salad, both great starters. I had to 22 ounce ribeye which was 1 of the best steaks I've ever had. My wife had the 7 ounce peppered steak with cognac sauce which was absolutely amazing. For sides we ordered the cream corn which could be a bit better, as well as the all gratin potatoes which were amazing. For dessert she had a cappuccino and I the key tart. we are avid fine diners, typically visiting establishments of this caliber 2 to 3 * a month. I can say without a doubt Kirby's is now on our must have list. This was a wonderful experience topped off with excellent food and great service.