“SOUPsational!”

Ranked #64 of 154 Restaurants in Southlake
TEXAS
“SOUPsational!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

You can't go wrong getting a soup and salad at Panera Bread in Southlake. This time I tried the Greek Salad and a the Broccoli Cheese Soup. Both were excellent! The next time I go, I am ordering what my son got. The flatbread sandwich and the black bean soup. He was very pleased with his selections. I have signed up for Panera Bread Rewards online. I have been rewarded with free desserts, and a health shake or beverage. I am in LOVE with the carrot cake muffins.
I agree that during peak business hours, it is difficult to find a place to sit. Lots of "business" meetings going on. Do yourself a favor and go at a strange time like 3:00 and finding a clean table won't be a problem.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank multimom

Southlake, Tx
“Not paying attention”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Since the teenager taking my order repeated it wrong twice and I had to correct her I knew that one of us (we were 2) was going to get the wrong order and I was correct

Visited June 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Same Panera menu items, but sometimes seems like a community center”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The Southlake outpost of Panera is pretty much like their other locations as far as menu choices go. So if you have a favorite, you should have no trouble finding it here. It is still a very good options for lunch, but this Panera, like many others, has some drawbacks:

LEMONADE BEHIND THE COPUNTERS
For some reason, Panera has removed the lemonade dispenser from the drink station, so you can't really do your own "Arnold Palmers" anymore. They sued to have it right next to the drink dispenser, so I'm not sure what prompted its removal.

GROUP MEETINGS
For many, Panera (as well as Corner Bakery and La Madeleine) have become community rooms for meetings of all types - businesses, churches, etc. One reason, surely, is the free Wi-Fi. But you can easily camp out here for a few hours and no one will bother you. However, it is often annoying when these groups forget they are in a public place and conduct loud meetings or conversations as if they are the only ones there. You'll also find your share of cell phone "loud talkers", but that's hard to avoid these days.

Panera used to be a non-Starbucks haven for tablet and laptop users - with some booths even being near electric outlets. But this location is sometimes over-run by too many privileged soccer moms, small business owners, and other groups that seem to make this their own personal space. Note to these folks: It's not.

PARKING
This particular location usually has spots available, but on more than one occasion I've been cut-off by one of the delivery drivers as I've been pulling in to a spot. That's just plain rude.

BOTTOM-LINE
Panera's good points are its food, with some patrons ruining the experience. Three stars for removing the lemonade dispenser, but not removing loud groups that camp there for hours.

• Visited April 2014
TEXAS
“Pick 2 because it is hard to choose!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I really like the option to choose any two of the tasty sandwiches, pastas, salads or soups at Panera Bread. This time I chose the Baked Potato Soup and the Chicken Cobb with Avocado Salad. Both were excellent! I enjoyed the applewood smoked bacon on the salad as well as the fresh avocado. The potato soup was heavenly. I had to dip chunks of my freshly baked bread in the soup.
The place fills up at lunch and sometimes it is hard to find a table.

• Visited March 2014
Haslet, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sandwiches”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Pretty good food here for a Deli type sandwiches. Soups and salads are all good as well. Coffee is good but not Starbucks. LOL. Great place to eat for sandwiches.

Visited January 2014