“Not really worth the trouble”

Daddy Jack's Lobster and Chowder House
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

The food was alright the atmosphere was kind of slow just not really worth your time or effort to go. Would go back as long as I'm not paying for it.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Went by there today to eat and they are closed for good. No more DaddyJacks in Southlake. Either the prices or the quality..location? did them in. This I believe is the second or third restaurant in this spot.

3  Thank Scot S
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Daddy Jack's to celebrate my birthday. I made reservations in advance but since we were dining early in the evening there was really no need as there were only a few tables taken. By the time we left the tables were full so I would recommend reservations unless you go early. The hostess and waitress were very nice and provided great service. The cocktails that we ordered were very tasty and there was certainly no skimping on the alcohol. The crab cake appetizer was very good. My husband had the filet steak which he describes as better than average but not great, and the mac and cheese was very good. I enjoyed the stuffed catch which was tilapia with Ritz cracker and crab stuffing. Since we were celebrating my birthday the waitress gave us the option of a free dessert or a coupon to use on our next visit which I thought was really nice. We were so full from dinner that we chose the coupon and plan to go back for another tasty meal. The place is quite casual and has fun music playing.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Visited Daddy Jack's for lunch and there were only two other tables occupied. The service was slow. The grilled mahi mahi had NO taste at all. I ordered it blackened, but the waitress was sure we ordered it grilled. Caesar salad was also bland. Substitutions are $2.00 each. We will have our next fish at Pappadeaux's!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our first experience here was a good one, and I was especially impressed that the only freezer in use is for ice cream; so everything is really fresh!: Dominick's Salad was truly delicious (ordered without iceberg lettuce), clam chowder was creamy and meaty -- some potatoes, of course, but very good. The Lobster Bisque was tasty, but if you want claw meat, it's another $4.00. I found the Lobster dishes pricey, but I'm spoiled from years in New England. The off-menu Mahi special was great (the blackened spices are really hot, so we had to do grilled -- still wonderful). The shrimp pasta was also good. At least some deserts are home made (key lime pie is very tangy, and the chocolate pecan pie is good, but not sickeningly sweet. We had great service and we'll be back to try some more!
P.S. Blues playing in the background is a pleasant change.