“So bad, I had to laugh through the meal...”
Review of BRIO Tuscan Grille

BRIO Tuscan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 167 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bring your friends and family to BRIO Tuscan Grille's Southlake location and experience our Italian menu right here in Southlake Texas. A delicious chef-inspired menu combines with a chic atmosphere and world-class service to bring you a dining experience you'll want to experience again and again. Come dine with us tonight! Join us at BRIO Tuscan Grille, the best Italian restaurant near you!
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ok, so I went this past weekend on 2/16/2013 with my boyfriend for our Valentine's Day dinner. He wanted to take me somewhere nice and brought me to Brio. I was very excited and had high expectations since it seemed like a nice place and was very busy. I WAS HORRIBLY DISAPPOINTED. I felt AWFUL that my boyfriend had to pay $50 for a half-hearted meal along with crappy service. In fact, we both left the restaurant STILL HUNGRY and went to a nearby Wendy's and got BETTER SERVICE THERE THAN AT BRIO. I will say the only good thing there was the bruschetta; it was fresh and very good. Sadly, that was the highlight of our experience there. First, my guy ordered a peach tea and after about 10 minutes of waiting for our drinks, a waitress showed up with a 20 oz. BOTTLE of peach tea that looked like it came from Quiktrip and poured it into a WINE GLASS; in front of us!!! With the cheapest entree being around $17, I'd think they could afford to make/offer FRESH flavored teas! I noticed that other tables around us received bread baskets-- we never got one or were offered one. As we were seated at our table earlier on, I made a point of looking around to other people's meals to get an idea of how large their serving portions were and we decided to split an entree. We choose the lobster and shrimp ravioli. HE RECEIVED 3 RAVIOLIS, WHILE I ONLY GOT 2!! It was a $22 meal, that included 5 raviolis total-- and they were NOT large raviolis. This is when we HAD to laugh through the rest of the meal. We thought it was a joke. I literally had a pound of spinach and garnishes over my 2 raviolis. Needless to say, we were still hungry and ready to get out of there and eat at Wendy's. I will say, the whole 2 raviolis I did have were tasty, but I didn't slow down and enjoy the meal since I WAS STILL HUNGRY. I was really looking forward to a great experience since everyone else looked like they were having a great time, but I cannot say how disappointed I was. I felt even worse for my guy who had to pay so much for such a crappy experience. He is not the type of person to make a big scene when he's that unhappy but will be letter the manager know this week how awful our dinner was. There is no free meal or anything that will get us to return to this restaurant.

1  Thank Amanda W

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Walking by the restaurant, the smell will lead you in. When we arrived, we were told there was a 1-1 1/2 hour wait. We were told they had 2 bars so we headed to the one in the back. It opened to the small patio and center of the plaza. As we entered the small bar area, we were approached and asked if we wanted to eat out on the patio. It was a bit chilly but since they had heaters, we decided to try it. We made the right decision. The atmosphere was really nice. We ordered a Rhone varietal of wine from Italy, a salad of tomato; basil and mozzarella cheese drizzled with balsamic vinegar, and two entrees. We were pleased with both entrees, the salad, the bread. The service was fantastic. We happened to be there without the kids but did notice families, small groups and couples. This will probably be one of our favorite spots to come unwind and have a romantic dinner. It was a truly enjoyable experience.

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant overall but it is VERY loud. It is impossible to have quiet, relaxing conversation. The food was also good but not worth the price. Our server was nice but her service was terrible. We waited almost 10 minutes after being seated before our drink orders were taken, and then it was another 15 minutes before she took our order. We had to place the appetizer and food orders at the same time because she would simply disappear. Another waiter brought our food and refilled our drinks. Overall we did enjoy the experience but first impressions die hard. I'm not sure we'll go there again.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have never waited too long for a table, and if you do there are some great shops to browse while waiting for your table.

Good food & wait staff have always been wonderful.

A little pricey, so I save going there for a special occasion.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had guests in town and wanted to go some place nice for dinner and since not too many places around here accept reservations for smaller parties, we were on our own to try and find a place at the last minute without waiting 2+ hours.
We went to Brio in Southlake and I was given the task of seeing what the wait would be. I entered through the courtyard at the back and was promptly assisted by a nice gentleman (perhaps the Manager?) who graciously accompanied me inside to the front desk. There, I was advised it would be over an hour and a half wait, but the hostess then said, Hold on, we have a table in the alcove area(or some such terminology), and she said it would be cozy on that not-too-cold evening. Turns out the area is half outside, as it were, but shielded by floor length drapes and heated by space heaters in the ceiling. It was perfect for the four of us and it was also MUCH quieter than in the main restaurant,which was a plus since we wanted to talk and catch up with one another.
We ordered the bruschetta sampler to start and it was delicious as always. My angel hair pasta with shrimp and artichokes, feta, sundried tomatoes was wonderful. The others had carpaccio, flounder and another pasta dish and everyone loved what they had.
This is the 3rd time I have been to this location and I have never been disappointed. And now they get more "brownie points" from me for going above and beyond the call of duty by getting us a table so we didn't have to wait! Big smile!