“Skinny Pizza - yes - it's possible!”
Review of Aleda's Pizza - CLOSED

Aleda's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I have cut way back on Pizza because of the fat and high calorie count, but I found the Skinny Pizza at Aleda's. a seven inch, whole wheat crust Margharita pizza is less than 500 calories. It's tasty too! I ordered a delicious salad and what a fantastic dinner or lunch - and no guilt!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Being from the NYC area, I know pizza, and the sad fact is that most of the country is filled with bad pizza that people line up to eat. I gave Aleda's a shot, just to see what the "Best of" rating was all about.

The online ordering feature is nifty, I'll give them credit for that.

Unfortunately, the pizza was flat-out inedible. We bought a plain cheese pie, one with a bit of meat on it, and a few kids pizzas. All of it reeked of granulated garlic and the ubiquitous "Italian Seasonings" that you'd be hard pressed to find in Italy.

If you're looking for authentic pizza, go elsewhere. There are options in the area that are way better. If you really want an enlightening experience, seek out one of the few pizzerias in Texas that are recognized by Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana and avoid places like Aleda's at all costs.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

First a disclaimer-I know the owner, Aleda. However, if I didn't like it, I just wouldn't write a review. On this most recent visit, we took friends, as we had been talking up the restaurant to them for awhile, and our schedules finally meshed. We started with cheese sticks, which were promptly devoured. We ordered a large pepperoni and a large baked potato pizza, and my youngest got the kids pizza with white sauce. Between 4 adults and three kids, we had only one slice of pepperoni, 3 slices of potato, and half the kids pizza (very generous portion, and she ate a lot of cheese stick) left, for which we got takehome containers. And yes, the potato was good the next day. Our friends already want to come back for the buffet so they can try different ones. If you have kids, they will bring them some dough to play with, after asking the parent's permission.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Wanda and I have dined at Aleda's several times and each experience has been wonderful. Aleda has visited our table each time and provided information and advice on the offerings of the day. Her recomendations have always been on the mark and have resulted in dining pleasure. On our last visit, she provided a special pizza that met both my taste and the requirements of Wanda's strict diet, no easy task.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Aleda's joins many other pizza parlors who are evolving with many culinary trends. You want a gluten free or whole wheat crust, they got it! How about mac & cheese on your pie...yep! And the list goes on and on. My wife and I stuck with the more traditional pepperoni and extra cheese and enjoyed it! The crust lacked a little in flavor, but the portions were nice. We shared a medium and had leftovers! Also, they have a bar, albeit a tiny one. And there's a drink special every night. My favorite? $1 drafts all day thursday!! So if you want a nice change of pace, I recommend Aleda's!