“Mixed experience”
Review of Gingerine Fresh Asian - CLOSED

Gingerine Fresh Asian
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We decided to visit the Gingerine Fresh Asian restaurant and were delighted to see it arrive in Southlake. The experience was a mixed one. First of all, we had to wait a long time for the food to arrive. In fact, I as on my third diet coke before the first starter (satay) arrived, and our second starter arrived after the main course. The waittress apologized for this. Then the main course, we had a variety of dishes, my course was Pad Thai. The meal was absolutely spectacular - the best Pad Thai I have eaten since moving to Texas. The owners came by our table and were lovely people, and based on that Pad Thai and meeting the friendly owners, I would have completely forgotten about the delay in service, which wasn't that bad. But then I decided to visit the men's bath room, and the odor in there was so incredibly foul that it could only mean one thing - a broken sewage system. That experience was so bad, that it over shadowed my dining experience. In fact, about a half hour after leaving i could still taste the foul smell in my mouth. As a European I know that the best way to measure the hygiene of a restaurant is to visit the bath room. In this case, it was a shocker. I cannot believe they did not address this. For me a reason to seriously question whether i will ever go back to this new and promising restaurant. Let me know when you've fixed this and I might consider going back one day.

1  Thank RobbertOhio

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Great Cinnamon Bull Rice Noodle soup!!! And the avacado crab rolls were fresh and wonderful!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Gingerine is a little eatery on eastern part of Southlake Blvd (FM 1709). The menu is clearly Thai influenced but with a fusion style that makes for an intriguing lunch or dinner venue.

There is a full bar; also with a selection of 20 wines, 10 beers and sake.

The menu has appetizers, soup & salads, pan-fried noodle, noodle soup, stir-fried, curries, fried rice and desserts.

My favorites time is lunch, because of the interesting people-watching. My favorite menu items are the chicken lettuce wrap appetizer (which is also great as a main course) and the Zen Soy Pad Thai with the soy glass noodles (ask for it medium hot with extra fish sauce and limes on the side).

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I had the Pad Thai dish, which was delicious, my friend had the massaman curry...also very good. Enjoyed the little soup and veg. roll that came pre-meal with each entre. I had a buy one get one free coupon, which made it worth it. Otherwise a bit costly.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I found this spot while in the area running errands. The decor isnice and the owner, Alisa (female) was VERY warm and hospitable. I've only been for lunch, but when you dine-in, you get a complimentary bowl of Ginger Rice soup. Alisa said it was her mother's recipe. It's good. The first time I visited, I had the Pad See Yew, it was well seasoned. If you're looking for a change from chain -restuarants, then I would suggest this place.