“Horrible business”

Marshall Creek Ranch
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Southlake
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had reservations to ride but the reservation was "released" because we did not answer our phone in a timely manner, 4 hours (we were mowing our extensive yard). Once we were able to call back the same day and speak with the owners, the owner was rude and disrespectful and blamed the problem on us. They do not take credit cards to hold the reservation. If they had taken a credit card then they could have charged us if we didn't show up. We were all set up to go and had no plans on cancelling. The owner hung up on my husband and when we returned the call, she would not pick up the phone. Very disappointing when the OWNER of the company can not handle a situation that she caused. The easy fix to the problem: TAKE CREDIT CARDS and have a firm cancellation policy in place. Would not do business with them.

10  Thank yosinger

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband booked me a horse ride as a surprise and as i have not riden for ages, it was well received.
I was ecstatic from start to finish. Everyone at the ranch was amazing. i was fortunate to have a 1 to 1 as i was intermediate and the others were novice. there are 32 acres of amazing forest and a beach and i could have stayed forever. Horses are all saddled up and you are assigned a horse based on you experience, size and height.
Gunsmoke was just right for me. This was an unforgettable experience.
thank you to everyone who made it unforgettable.

1  Thank carcullion
Reviewed March 14, 2013

While in the DFW area my fiance took me horseback riding at Marshall Creek Ranch. We had a wonderful time and it was evident that the horses were very well cared for. The staff was very friendly and attentive as they fit each rider with their horse. We were assigned to Dixie and Freckles and they were very sweet horses. The ride was almost two hours long from start to finish and our group was fairly small (about 8 other riders). I would highly recommend Marshall Creek Ranch and will be back on my next visit to Dallas.

1  Thank Katie L
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife grew up riding horses but, despite us living in Texas, she doesn't get to ride much. I thought it would be a nice suprise to go with her on a trail ride and, after looking over a number of websites offering trail rides at various ranches in and around the DFW metroplex, we choose Marshall Creek Ranch, primarily because of distance (its in Southlake, so relatively easy to get to) and, having talked to them on the phone, general friendliness.

We showed up at the Ranch area at 9:15am for our 9:30am ride (they are also offered at 12:30pm, which was fully booked up and 3:30pm). There's a little bit of paperwork and you need to pay the fee in cash ($40 per person which seemed very reasonable).

The 'wranglers' have the horses all saddled up and ready to go and we were divided up into groups (beginner, intermediate and advance), given a horse based on our experience and size and then, after getting on the horse and following around in a circle for a few minutes to get used to it, the different sklll level groups break off for the ride. We had two wrangler/guides with our group of four - one leading, one bringing up the rear and both did a great job of keeping us all together and going. As part of the intermediate group, the horses fo a fast walk and also some trotting, which is a lot of fun. The trail (and there are evidently a number of them) runs through Trophy Club park and by Grapevine Lake. The time passes quick, helped in part by a beautiful day (60s and sunny) and a fun time.

All in all, a great morning and we look forward to going back again soon!

1  Thank GJK11
Reviewed December 26, 2012

i took my daughter for her 12th birthday. It was easy to find. its a double-wide trailer, no non-sense, just about riding. its all run by women who love horses. there were 10 of us riding and it took about 30 min to get us matched up and ready to go. once we got going, it was very good. very rustic, along the south shore of grapevine lake. if you mark yourself as "intermediate", you can trot. lots of fun, iwill definately go again.