“Perfect!”

Buffalo, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

While in the DFW area my fiance took me horseback riding at Marshall Creek Ranch. We had a wonderful time and it was evident that the horses were very well cared for. The staff was very friendly and attentive as they fit each rider with their horse. We were assigned to Dixie and Freckles and they were very sweet horses. The ride was almost two hours long from start to finish and our group was fairly small (about 8 other riders). I would highly recommend Marshall Creek Ranch and will be back on my next visit to Dallas.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Katie L

Dallas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Wonderful Way to Spend a Saturday Morning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife grew up riding horses but, despite us living in Texas, she doesn't get to ride much. I thought it would be a nice suprise to go with her on a trail ride and, after looking over a number of websites offering trail rides at various ranches in and around the DFW metroplex, we choose Marshall Creek Ranch, primarily because of distance (its in Southlake, so relatively easy to get to) and, having talked to them on the phone, general friendliness.

We showed up at the Ranch area at 9:15am for our 9:30am ride (they are also offered at 12:30pm, which was fully booked up and 3:30pm). There's a little bit of paperwork and you need to pay the fee in cash ($40 per person which seemed very reasonable).

The 'wranglers' have the horses all saddled up and ready to go and we were divided up into groups (beginner, intermediate and advance), given a horse based on our experience and size and then, after getting on the horse and following around in a circle for a few minutes to get used to it, the different sklll level groups break off for the ride. We had two wrangler/guides with our group of four - one leading, one bringing up the rear and both did a great job of keeping us all together and going. As part of the intermediate group, the horses fo a fast walk and also some trotting, which is a lot of fun. The trail (and there are evidently a number of them) runs through Trophy Club park and by Grapevine Lake. The time passes quick, helped in part by a beautiful day (60s and sunny) and a fun time.

All in all, a great morning and we look forward to going back again soon!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank GJK11
Dallas, tx
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“wonderful! takes a bit of time to get going but worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

i took my daughter for her 12th birthday. It was easy to find. its a double-wide trailer, no non-sense, just about riding. its all run by women who love horses. there were 10 of us riding and it took about 30 min to get us matched up and ready to go. once we got going, it was very good. very rustic, along the south shore of grapevine lake. if you mark yourself as "intermediate", you can trot. lots of fun, iwill definately go again.

New York CIty
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“stayed in Grapevine and wanted to ride.. glad we found this place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We booked a 3:30PM 1 1/2 hour ride and this was a short drive from Grapevine. The girls there are very friendly. The boss matched us each with compatible horses and told us each a little about the horse. You can tell she loves and knows her animals well. They provide saddlebags to hold your stuff (I'm mentioning as i've riden everywhere I travel to and this is the first place that actually offers them if you are carrying something, camera, water bottle, etc.). We did an intermediate ride that had some experience riders in the group. We trotted 3 times on the trail and that made it more fun/interesting that just a regular ride. My friend's horse, Joker, actually broke out into a canter for a few strides! As I mentioned, I've ridden in some really cool places and this was definitely one of the most inexpensive rides I've ever paid for ($40). Glad I got to ride and give my business to this well-run local establishment.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank froggy618
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Giddy up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place is fantastic! I was in town visiting with friends. I haven't rode a horse in a very long time. The staff was great and attentive to any assistance needed and any questions or concerns. The horses were well mannered and I quickly became very comfortable on the trail ride. We rode for hours and even trotted. Fantastic day and great adventure. Made to feel very welcome and a part of everything. Great place and highly recommended. Wish I would have had more time to definitly ride again. Love the people and the horses! If it is hot, dress cool and if its a cool day, dress warm!

Visited October 2012