“Average Hibachi”

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I can't think of anything negative to say but nothing positive stands out to say either. The food was good, the cooking demonstration average. I've only visited one time and have not returned - guess that says something....

1  Thank ftworth456

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have ate at this place a couple of times now and it is the best hibachi I have had in the DFW metroplex. Their food is very fresh and the fried rice is better than most well known hibachi restaraunts. Their drinks are a little pricey, so I recommend eating there and going somewhere else for drinks. Kobeya has great service and their tepanyaki chefs are really good. The can do special requests on their food if you let them know and advance and they don't get upset if you want your food cooked differently than other people that might be eating the same meal. It is a great place for date night or a good place for the family.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just want to let you know we are regulars at this restaurant. My son is the main reason we go. He is a very picky eater at home but at this place he will almost always clean his plate. We always do the hibachi grill and everything is made to order.

My son being the picky eater like to see the food cooked in front of him. He will eat double order of shimp and double fried rice.

Staff is very friendly and accomodating. Lunch prices and portions very reasonable.

If your kids are picky that them here to see how they do.

Thanks

Paul

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family loves Kobeya, the hibachi grill is our favorite. Its close to home and the food is good. We all get the fried rice with our meal which is good not over salted with soy sauce. The dinner portions are a nice size, and food is fresh. THey also put out a 20% of entire check coupon in the home delivery magazine. Which is nice . Service is good as well.

Will return

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The waitress royally messed up our order (happy hour $5 glasses of wine were $7 and $13, charged for extras she said were included etc) and when we brought up the bill she comes back from talking to the manager and says "Ya, those weren't happy hour. Sorry." Since we asked about whether the glasses were happy hour before we ordered we asked to speak to the manager, she was a little rude and reduced one glass from $13 to $7. Well, still not the $5 we expected but we also noticed the overall bill was higher now. When we asked what happened it turns out that they added gratuity to the bill after that!!!!

Are you kidding me?! We were fuming now, they finally fixed the wine but we refused to pay the gratuity after all that. It was a simple mistake that could have graciously been fixed with good customer service and I would have still tipped my typical 25-30%.

Needless to say that waitress learned a lesson, management got an earful and I doubt I'll be going back to Kobeya.