“Good Size Portions, and Flavorful”
Review of Kobeya

Kobeya
Ranked #88 of 154 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Good Size Portions, and Flavorful”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family loves Kobeya, the hibachi grill is our favorite. Its close to home and the food is good. We all get the fried rice with our meal which is good not over salted with soy sauce. The dinner portions are a nice size, and food is fresh. THey also put out a 20% of entire check coupon in the home delivery magazine. Which is nice . Service is good as well.

Will return

• Visited January 2013

Keller, Texas, United States
“Horrible service!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The waitress royally messed up our order (happy hour $5 glasses of wine were $7 and $13, charged for extras she said were included etc) and when we brought up the bill she comes back from talking to the manager and says "Ya, those weren't happy hour. Sorry." Since we asked about whether the glasses were happy hour before we ordered we asked to speak to the manager, she was a little rude and reduced one glass from $13 to $7. Well, still not the $5 we expected but we also noticed the overall bill was higher now. When we asked what happened it turns out that they added gratuity to the bill after that!!!!

Are you kidding me?! We were fuming now, they finally fixed the wine but we refused to pay the gratuity after all that. It was a simple mistake that could have graciously been fixed with good customer service and I would have still tipped my typical 25-30%.

Needless to say that waitress learned a lesson, management got an earful and I doubt I'll be going back to Kobeya.

• Visited November 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Ok Sushi”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The sushi that I ordered was just ok. Maybe I ordered the wrong kind but the miso was watered down. I think I'll try the other sushi restaurant when I return.

Visited August 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
“They didn't know what sugar free meant??”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I prefer vinegar and oil if they don't know if the dressing is sugar free but they said they didn't have vinegar and oil....... Really sushi hibachi and no vinegar and oil in the house?

Fort Worth, Texas
“Great hibachi grill”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Great show, very generous portions. Worth a trip again.