“Unimpressive fast food sushi”
Review of Sushi Zushi

Sushi Zushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Zushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 167 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is really just an overpriced fast food sushi outlet. We tried this once but were very unimpressed. There are at least two better sit down sushi places within 5 minutes of Zushi that will give you better sushi and a better experience for the same price. Take a pass.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I ate here recently for a nice quiet dinner, and was very impressed by the authenticity and quality of the food here. Sushi is in ample supply in DFW, with not less than five or six places in Southlake alone. Standing out in the crowd can be difficult, but Sushi Zushi does that by offering a higher caliber of food, with a deeper bench of options for various types of sushi/sashimi.

The ambiance is calm and serene. Don't wreck it for others if you have a big group.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Very nice décor, good menu selection and good service. I've gone here several times since it has been open and the experience is good whether they are busy or half empty. Price is a little high, but when entertaining customers, worth the treat if you watch the plates. The biggest mistake that sushi lovers make is ordering too much, like I do. If you do it here, you'll pay for it, literally. But with the food so good, I would not blame you. I do not often recommend any one dish because people like what they like, but the Tuna Tower is the stuff!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The decor was actually cool, I guess that applies to service to by not in same way. 10 minutes to even get a menu much less his attention! But when he did come over, very nice. He thought i was waiting for take out. I picked a roll, but he asked me if I like tuna. Yes! My plan was to originally get 2 rolls!- kinda wish I did. I told him I was hesitant. What he recommended was a lot different then what I was ordering ...I was specific ...it sounded like a sushi salad roll- carrots?- ( not what I was exactly craving). he assured me it would be okay. I will say this..fish tasted fresh , wonderful presentation, but so bland and uneventful!
I walked up the street to get crab cakes after be cause I was still hungry, yet hesitant to order something else.

The GM was gracious and personable. He was visible, friendly, asked Me about my order and I was honest.... felt like A salad, not much going on. He actually recommended the first roll I was going to order! I will definitely go back and try his recommendations! I figured go back with a fresh experience! Next time, hopefully it will meet my expectations,!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

the foundation of sushi is the rice. it can't have too much moisture or be overdone. it has to have the right balance of sweet and sour. the handful of ingredients that go into making sushi rice have to be balanced. the rice at sushi zushi was like a wet sponge. however good the fish, the sushi can't taste good when paired with that kind of rice.

Been to Sushi Zushi? Share your experiences!