“Don't have expectations...at first”
Review of Sushi Zushi

Sushi Zushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Zushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 154 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Don't have expectations...at first”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The decor was actually cool, I guess that applies to service to by not in same way. 10 minutes to even get a menu much less his attention! But when he did come over, very nice. He thought i was waiting for take out. I picked a roll, but he asked me if I like tuna. Yes! My plan was to originally get 2 rolls!- kinda wish I did. I told him I was hesitant. What he recommended was a lot different then what I was ordering ...I was specific ...it sounded like a sushi salad roll- carrots?- ( not what I was exactly craving). he assured me it would be okay. I will say this..fish tasted fresh , wonderful presentation, but so bland and uneventful!
I walked up the street to get crab cakes after be cause I was still hungry, yet hesitant to order something else.

The GM was gracious and personable. He was visible, friendly, asked Me about my order and I was honest.... felt like A salad, not much going on. He actually recommended the first roll I was going to order! I will definitely go back and try his recommendations! I figured go back with a fresh experience! Next time, hopefully it will meet my expectations,!

• Visited September 2013

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“no sense of balance”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

the foundation of sushi is the rice. it can't have too much moisture or be overdone. it has to have the right balance of sweet and sour. the handful of ingredients that go into making sushi rice have to be balanced. the rice at sushi zushi was like a wet sponge. however good the fish, the sushi can't taste good when paired with that kind of rice.

• Visited September 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The sushi here is quite fresh and delicious...we ordered more nigiri than the rolls and they were authentic Japanese style (prices are not cheap though!) The children enjoyed the noodles (udon) but the shrimp tempura was on the small side. Miso soup was good without being overly salty. Service was impeccable and even switched our children's drinks when they didn't care for the lemonade. Will be coming regularly when we need our sushi fix!

• Visited August 2013
Texas
“Great little sushi spot”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Their food and service are really good. They have a great bar and a nice outdoor eating area that is out of the hot Texas sun. Best sushi spot in the area that we have found!

Visited June 2013
“Good”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

good but expensive. The atmosphere was also good. Like I said it was good but expensive all things considered

Visited April 2013