“So much fun”

Widowmaker Trail Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Guided Horseback riding on Lake Grapevine between Dallas and Fort Worth. This short scenic jaunt allows you to experience the great outdoors while travelling along the shores of Lake Grapevine and enjoying the natural wooded trails. Our Lake Grapevine ride is 2 hours and costs $90 per person. By Appointment only.
Argyle, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“So much fun”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Went with my son and my husband. I'm pretty experienced with horses, but my family....not so much. We did a two hour ride, and thoroughly enjoyed going around the lake. The guide took pictures of us on our horses, for keepsakes. Beautiful trail, and good horses. Worth it.

Visited January 2011
7 Thank TexasTravelette

Montréal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing horse ride”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My friends and I had a great time. The horses were clean and well trained. David is a great teacher! I will go back anytime!

Visited August 2011
5 Thank Mac_Attack_Qc
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best horseback riding in Texas!”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

My friend and I went to Texas to visit my brother in medical school. The only thing we wanted to do was go horseback riding, and after some research we decided to choose Widowmaker. You can tell from a mile away these horses are extremely cared for and are in great condition. David, the owner, led the way through a beautiful, and fun trail. The horses were extremely docile, and seemed to be well trained as they were easy to ride for even a beginner like me! David gave us a ton of information on riding, gave us simple and easy instruction, and was always there to help during the ride. I never once felt uncomfortable or scared during the ride. At the end he even gives you a souvenir cup which he welcomes you into his home to fill with water! It was honestly one of the best experiences of my life, and I would recommend this trail ride to anyone!!

Visited July 2011