“Lacking in flavor”
Review of Wildwood Grill

Wildwood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildwood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 168 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wildwood has been a fixture in Southlake since 2009 when our doors opened. Being locally family owned and community focused drives us to provide the best experience for our customers. We pride ourselves on using only fresh ingredients with Chef inspired recipes and features. Our grill burns Hickory and Oak for a fantastic smoky finish to our dishes and our handcrafted cocktails are delectable must have.
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

The food looks good but is sorely lacking in flavor.
Happy to see gluten free options but not very good flavor there either.
Service was nice that wins me over everytime.

1  Thank Relocations

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I too have been diagnosed with celiac and have a high sensitivity to gluten. I have eaten here a few times, and have always had a great experience. This past visit, I was able to speak to the manager. He has a good knowledge of celiac and gluten sensitivity.

The menu states very clearly that they cannot guarantee their fried items or cross-contamination in the oil. As one who has been living with celiac for years, I can tell you that this is a pretty standard experience. You simply have to avoid fried foods in restaurants.

With that said, they have a wide variety of gluten free options. Kudos to the restaurant for making it easy to order great gluten free food.

If a menu states that certain items may not be acceptable for a gluten free diet, you simply don't order those. Many people out there are simply gluten intolerant, or are trying to limit their gluten consumption. As one with celiac, I read the warnings and order accordingly.

Thank you Wildwood, I will be surely dine here again!

1  Thank J D
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The bar area is great for both having drinks and eating. The bartening service is excellent and very friendly. I would recommend the tacos or any of the flatbread pizzas.

1  Thank Rod M
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I eat here about once a week. The salads are fresh and tasty, the wine list is extensive and my favorite dish, the Chilean Sea Bass, melts in your mouth. We like to sit in the bar area and have found the service to be top-notch. I would recommend this slightly upscale restaurant for any occasion, but I think it is a particularly good date night destination.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I generally like this place, decent beer and cocktails and the food is OK, although for Texas the portions are a little on the small side.

Went with a party of five the other day, though, and two of the party had the hanger steak. It's basically skirt or something and would almost certainly be good slow cooked or made into fajitas. Served as a steak though, it's basically shoe leather. We did comment to the waiter and the manager came over. Rather than accepting that it's a rotten cut of meat to use as a steak (and possibly offering us something off the check to make up serving it) she tried to defend having it on the menu.

Sooo, not a bad place, but could be better. There are a lot of decent places to eat in the area, so it probably needs to up its game to survive.