“Oh man this was good!”
Review of Wildwood Grill

Wildwood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildwood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 167 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wildwood has been a fixture in Southlake since 2009 when our doors opened. Being locally family owned and community focused drives us to provide the best experience for our customers. We pride ourselves on using only fresh ingredients with Chef inspired recipes and features. Our grill burns Hickory and Oak for a fantastic smoky finish to our dishes and our handcrafted cocktails are delectable must have.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Okay, so I saw the wildwood grill on trip advisor, and I said to my wife, "this one looks good". Man was I right. The smell when we went in was great with a light smokey smell (the good smoke, like hickory or mesquite wood). The atmosphere was great, not too loud. The food was great, the choice was great with less expensive dishes and more expensive entrees like steak and fish. It was a great American cuisine with lots of choices at reasonable prices. It would be nice if the patio was better, it was kind of tucked in a corner and not very appealing.

1  Thank Suburban_Planner

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The food was salty and the wine quite overpriced. We wanted a new place to enjoy, but probably won't be back.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I love supporting local restaurants. We met up with friends for whom this is one of their favorite places - and we were not disappointed. The owner was there, and we had a long chat about his history in the restaurant world and his food selections.

The soup, the flatbreads, the salmon, the steak were all good selections. Everyone in our group agreed that the steaks were better quality than those at some high end steakhouses. That night they were making a passion fruite martini which was great. I disagree that it was too loud - it's not a big place, but we were easily able to carry on a conversation.

We were also impressed that on a Tuesday night, it was packed.

Southlake is full of chains - in fact the whole DFW area is a hotbed of virtually every restaurant chain known to the US. That being said, finding a locally owned restaurant with some unique menu items and great quality is a treat.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Our first time visiting the restaurant. I had the pan seared shrimp and my daughter had a burger both were very good. My husband had the gumbo and tried one bite. It did not look like the gumbos I have had in Louisiana.

1  Thank Lynnette D
Reviewed May 29, 2012

a little too big and noisy, but excellent food and good wine selection.

1  Thank anniejacqueline