“Great local restaurant!”
Review of Wildwood Grill

Wildwood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildwood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 159 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wildwood has been a fixture in Southlake since 2009 when our doors opened. Being locally family owned and community focused drives us to provide the best experience for our customers. We pride ourselves on using only fresh ingredients with Chef inspired recipes and features. Our grill burns Hickory and Oak for a fantastic smoky finish to our dishes and our handcrafted cocktails are delectable must have.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I love supporting local restaurants. We met up with friends for whom this is one of their favorite places - and we were not disappointed. The owner was there, and we had a long chat about his history in the restaurant world and his food selections.

The soup, the flatbreads, the salmon, the steak were all good selections. Everyone in our group agreed that the steaks were better quality than those at some high end steakhouses. That night they were making a passion fruite martini which was great. I disagree that it was too loud - it's not a big place, but we were easily able to carry on a conversation.

We were also impressed that on a Tuesday night, it was packed.

Southlake is full of chains - in fact the whole DFW area is a hotbed of virtually every restaurant chain known to the US. That being said, finding a locally owned restaurant with some unique menu items and great quality is a treat.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Our first time visiting the restaurant. I had the pan seared shrimp and my daughter had a burger both were very good. My husband had the gumbo and tried one bite. It did not look like the gumbos I have had in Louisiana.

1  Thank Lynnette D
Reviewed May 29, 2012

a little too big and noisy, but excellent food and good wine selection.

1  Thank anniejacqueline
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This place is always a great place for a quiet dinner, an early evening business meeting or even a quick snack for lunch. The owners are local, the food is always good and the consistency of the kitchen is welcomed. At times the service is a little spotty, but not enough to discourage further visits. I think travelers coming thru S'Lake probably don't get this place reccomended to them enough! Just minutes from the airport as well. If you fly thru DFW and have a 2-3 hr layover - this is your place.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Coming here is always a treat and never anything unexpected. The menu is one page with the wine list on the back. The dinner selections which include a side usually run between $11 and $18. Side salads are about $4 or $5 and are delicious. If you want extra sides, which can run $5 up, they are really rich and filling. My husband had the rib plate which he loves. I had chicken breast with lemon sauce and grilled asparagus. So good! We are always so full that we have not tried the desserts, but they have a few to choose from. One thing for all you bread lovers, it is not served here. I guess you can ask for it, we just never have. Excellent quiet choice for any occasion. You can actually talk to each other and have good food!

1  Thank janmod12