“Always a Winner”

Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 154 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: HWY 114
Description: Savor the freshest Stone Crab direct from our own fisheries, and our fresh-catch weekly updated seafood menu. Enjoy tender, juicy steaks grilled to perfection and over 100 fine wines and full bar.
Dallas, Texas
“Always a Winner”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have date nights here and sit in the bar. It is all non smoking, so perfect for us. They have happy hour until 7pm and a great happy hour menu/prices. The bar can get very crowded as the piano player is excellent, as is the food!

Visited October 2011

Montreal, Canada
“Steaks and the state of Texas”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Dallas/Fort Worth has great steak houses, and I have been to a number of them, but in my experience, Truluck's at Southlake is la crème de la crème. Beyond nicely marbled, thick and juicy steaks, Truluck's crab toppings are outstanding. Don't forgo it or you are missing a real treat. The Oscar style topping with Bernaise sauce is sheer decadence.

Unlike many restaurants, Truluck's has almost its entire winelist available by the glass. That winelist is quite cosmopolitan, but decidely light on French imports. Nothing there will tax your credit limit. However, that steak will set you back a pretty penny, but still, quite worth it.

• Visited November 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
“Wonderful”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Trulcuck's is a wonderful restaurant with great steaks and fresh seafood. It was so good I have been back. They have the most awesome bread and carrot cake. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates good food.

• Visited December 2010
Texas
“A lovely special meal!”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

My husband and I went to Truluck's for our 20th anniversary dinner. It was WONDERFUL!

We are no schleps And enjoy fine dining but this was fancy!! We did have to laugh about their fancy filtered water! Southlakes finest. My husband has dined here before but this was my first visit.

Our server was very friendly and made us feel really comfortable. The manager came by several times as well.

I started with a fresh blueberry martini! Yummy!

Our meal was EXCELLENT!! We started with a scallop appetizer that was perfectly cooked! We also has calamari which was also perfectly cooked with really good sauces - however we will skip that next time - too filling and it lacked the WOW factor of the other dishes.

We ate off of the "Restaurant Week" menu. My husband had the steak and shrimp and I had a crusted fish - both were excellent! Perfectly cooked. I have found that at a lot of seafood restaurants the seafood is overcooked but not at Truluck's.

By the time dessert came I was overfed but wanted to give it a shot. My husband had the chocolate cake and I had the carrot cake - neither of us were disappointed! The "slices"were enormous! So much so it was served with a cake slicer. I could only eat a couple of bites so we took it home with us. Our babysitters (my sister and other family) were well rewarded that night!

All in all it was a really special meal for a special occasion. The food and service was excellent, we had a great time and I am sure we will go back - but it will have to again be for a special occasion - it was pretty pricy.

Tennyson, IN
“A little too fancy for my taste.”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

It was a beautiful restaurant with superb service. However, if the truth be told it was just too upscale for my taste. I felt they were trying too hard to make the food taste upscale and in the end it was just too much. I ordered the hot house tomato salad, expecting a salad, and instead recieved a giant tomoato with no lettuce only dressing, bacon, onion, and dill (giant that resembled and tased as I would imagine pine needles would.
I ordered tuna which was delivered completely raw on the inside with no warning based on the menu.
I will not be returning.

• Visited September 2011