“Very Disappointed”

Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 156 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: HWY 114
Description: Savor the freshest Stone Crab direct from our own fisheries, and our fresh-catch weekly updated seafood menu. Enjoy tender, juicy steaks grilled to perfection and over 100 fine wines and full bar.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We visited the Southlake area for a girls weekend and the hotel recommended Truluck's. After reviewing the menu, we made a reservation and were very excited about our evening. Upon arrival, we were made to wait long after our reservation even though there were lots of open tables. The hostesses were very snobbish and not real friendly. When we finally were seated, the woman ordering the wine asked a few questions about the wine list and asked if she could try a little of the house wine. The server was totally disgusted and as he walked off, he muttered "Jesus Christ". Upon that, we left and went to the Italian place across the street.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank Kansas_Girl51697

Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good but very noisey”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This is a very noisey, bar scene place. Service was excellent. Prices were on the high side. I ordered a cup on corn chowder wit crab chunks. The first spoonful with crab I found some crab shell. I ordered grilled halibut with rice and green beans. The halibut was grilled perfectly. The sides dishes were good. I would go back, but not during the bar crowd period.

• Visited August 2011
dallas
“sinking”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

When we go to a restaurant that charges at least double what others charge for the same or similar items, our expectation is the experience will at least be better than the lower priced restaurant, We realize that there are items of subjectivity here.

The first disappointment wcame when the waiter expressed disappointment that we didn't order a moe elaborate affair than he would have liked. We only ordered $100 in food! We had to hound him for the stale bread he brought and found his manner overbearing.

After a long wait, someone from the kitchen emerged with our barely warm food, followed shortly after by our waiter. He explained that he was busy elsewhere in the restaurant and neglected to observe that our food was ready. He was chatting with the girl at the check in stand instead of monitoring our order. There were only a half dozen patrons in the restaurant at the time.

I then sent an e-mail to the restaurant with much the same report. After an examination, they promised some discount coupons that have yet to arrive. Bye the way, we even left a 15% tip since the server seemed so needy.

My conclusion from this is that this restaurant is apparently not doing well with the recession and that we cought them mid crash. My suggestion would be lower prices and a new set of waiters who do not give the immediate impression of having recently been fired from a wrestling job.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank cuisinsky
Dallas, Texas
“Very nice!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The hubby took me to Trulucks for New Year's Eve. I have always wanted to go but it pretty pricey so we decided to splurge a little, okay, a lot on this special occasion for just the two of us. That night they provided a fixed selection of courses for $75 so it wasn't so bad. My husband got some type of fish, I can't remember, but it was delicious. I had the surf and turf which was the most expensive on the regular menu. It was pretty good! We also had the Truluck's famous stone crab claws served on ice. I was surprised they were served cold but they tasted okay, not as tasty as I had expected. I'm not sure if they serve them hot like a dish but we had them as an appetizer so that may be the reason. The fixed menu didn't have a lot of dessert choices but all in all the one we chose was pretty tasty! The service at this restaurant was exceptional! Our waitress was very attentive and very formal! The bread was awesome and the butter was really good! Even the restrooms were very formal and classy. I even took a few napkins as souvenirs, and I suppose my husband had the same idea because he had grabbed some also! lol

• Visited January 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing service and amazing stone crab”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This place is really fun and really good. I would definitely recommend it to anyone for a special occassion. Our server was very polite, courteous and knowledgable. We didn't go in to the bar except the walk through on the way to the restroom, but it looked like a lot of fun with a guy playing the piano and singing. All of that being said, the quality and flavor of the seafood and especially their crab is the reason to go. It is amazing! It is definitely an expensive, nice place, but if you are looking for a real treat of a meal, Trulucks is a good option.

• Visited May 2011