“Great Seafood & Awesome Staff!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Daddy's Seafood & Cajun Kitchen

Daddy's Seafood & Cajun Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Great Seafood & Awesome Staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

I must say that I was impressed with the Seafood Platter. It comes with large amounts of fresh seafood that could feed at least 6 people. The menu states that it could feed 2 to 4 but that's an understatement. The wait staff was awesome. Very welcoming and attentive. The frozen margaritas were pretty tasty. I really enjoyed this restaurant.

Spicewood, TX
“Big disappointment.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

I ordered the mojo de ajo fish 'cause I'm a garlic abuser. I also asked for fries instead of white rice. The side salad with caesar dressing was excellent.

I wasn't disappointed when the plate hit my table and I saw a huge pile of minced garlic, chopped onion and chopped tomatoes covering the blackened fish. Very disappointed to see battered fries though. Yuk. I was excited about the fish, that is, until I tasted the pile.

The garlic was crunchy and bitter. It was barely cooked. I'm pretty sure the chef doesn't eat garlic, or he/she would know how to cook it. The fish was perfectly cooked but had very little blackened seasoning. It was underblackened.

I sent it back and ordered fried shrimp. They were excellent, but they were not what I would call 'Cajun.' I travel south Louisiana very frequently, and they fry fish and shrimp in a light corn flour batter. The shrimp here are more island style. They were really good though. The fries that accompanied the shrimp were undercooked and mushy, and battered, and awful.

My daughter ordered blackened chicken alfredo. The alfredo sauce was superb, but the pasta was a little thick to be fettucini. The chicken, however, was thick, very dry and bland. It was pretty awful.

Find an alternative.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mineola, Texas
“WEIRD NAME BUT GREAT PLACE!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

I can't imagine why this restaurant has this name, but don't be fooled; it is terrific. We didn't know what to expect going in, but the food is wonderful. Big portions, freshly cooked and professional staff. Don't miss this one. It was very crowded and loud when we were there around 6:00, but the staff handle crowds very well.

Schertz, Texas
“Save your money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Seems like a great place to drink and watch the games. Food was below average and the service was horrible when the place was empty. SMH

Visited March 2014
Kerrville, Texas
“great food with great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

The food was excellent and the prices were good for the type of food we ordered. Great service and very clean. Could not have been any better.

Visited May 2014