“Great place”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The food is great and there was never a wait even when seating 6 people. The beer is cold and the margaritas are really good. Families welcome to a great atmosphere.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the best Shrimp Bisque on the island. Friendly staff, nice daily specials, fresh seafood to buy as well. Very good Creole food.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stumbled across their website and when I told my daughters (12 and 14) frog's legs and fried gator were on the menu, they both said that is where they wanted to go to dinner.

It is a casual atmosphere, with a nice bar area made of wood and brick. The dining area is mostly wooden slat bench/booths with a row of small cafeteria tables w/ banquet chairs down the middle. (upgrade the banquet chairs, it cheapens the appearance of your restaurant)

The menu was extensive and to the reviewer that said it was all fried food, perhaps they don't know what blackened, broiled or grilled mean. In additional to the expected Cajun fare, there were pasta, steak, burger and po'boy choices. We started with a combo appetizer of frog's legs, fried crawfish and fried crab fingers and a cup of shrimp bisque.

The frog's legs were plump and moist under the crunchy breading. The shrimp bisque was also very good. One daughter had the lobster bisque bread bowl and the other the mardi gras platter, which they both enjoyed. I had the Grilled Mahi Mahi Ixtapa. The fish was cooked perfectly, moist and flaky, topped with shrimp and a sauce consisting of mild pico de gallo and fresh avocado in a lime, garlic butter sauce. The fresh veggies were good, along with the roasted potatoes, although the overall portion of the entree was so big I just skipped over the potatoes.

While we were very satisfied with our food, I need to acknowledge our fantastic server, Todd. He stood out as a professional among the other servers in his crisp white shirt & tie and demeanor. Clearly he has worked in some high end establishments. My daughters both commented on how good he was the first time he brought them refills of their sodas when the still had 1/3 left. They were very impressed that he was able to continuously anticipate our needs before we did. They remarked several times how they thought he was a really great server. (Remember this is coming from a couple of young teenagers)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The waitress quoted $3.50 for margaritas--and charged us $5.25

I ordered the Mardi Gras combo plate with shrimp, fish, oysters---there were only 3 shrimp, a small filet of fish, and the oysters were mushed up and served on a piece of toast--all for $15!!!!! Needless to say I am disappointed

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Went here for dinner on our first night and it was a half full house. We were seated quickly and our waiter was top notch. He was nice, quick, and did everything we asked of him. The food was not amazing but it was not bad, I would go there again for a lunch or a daytime snack. If you're looking for something not deep fried your selection is limited but I am not too picky. Worth a visit if you want some good seafood.