“Great seafood, generous portions, very good value”

Daddy's Seafood & Cajun Kitchen
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Arcadia, CA
“Great seafood, generous portions, very good value”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I tried the shrimp bisque and seafood jambalaya - both outstanding. My wife had a similar shrimp dish and was very pleased (we are both very picky about freshness). In five days we ate at eight different restaurants in SPI and this was #1 or #2. Certainly #1 for taste and value (i.e., great food + generous portions + reasonable price). We went mid-day (no crowds) and this encouraged us to try the other upscale restaurant (Dirty Al's Pelican Station in Port Isabel), which was outstanding, though expensive. One owner (Mr AL) also runs the Dirty Al's SPI and Big Boy. We didn't get to those but will next time if management is as good as at these two we did try. Some folks don't care for the dark, cozy atmosphere but we were just fine with it.

• Visited April 2011

Chicago, Illinois
“STICK WITH SHRIMP AND OYSTERS”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Visited this place twice during recent visit. The New Orleans Shrimp and fried oyster platter were outstanding. I assume that both were fresh from the gulf.

They put some type of seasoning on the fries. Very good also. Likewise, they have good corn bread.

Definitely would eat here again.

Visited March 2011
1 Thank americal7071
“First yum then bathroom”
Reviewed December 25, 2010

My husband and I went to Daddy's during our Christmas vacation. He had the fried fish and shrimp, I had the Almondy. It kind of seemed like they were a little low stocke because they didn't have red bull for drinks anymore. Still, overall it was a great experience and the food tasted good. Only bad thing: I spent the night in the bathroom because something about the food must have not been right. It's pretty hard to upset my stomach and I barely throw up, but this food did it for me... Do nor recommend it...

2 Thank Jmacon
Cudahy WI
“Shrimp & Marinara hit the spot”
Reviewed December 2, 2010

A luncheon on a thursday proved to be just the right time to visit Daddy's for the second time.
My first visit was half a year ago and I had the Etouffee -- which was fine for a little place in a small town.
Today my wife and I both opted for Shrimp Marinara which was half a dozen reasonable sized grilled shrimp, alongside an order of linguine and red sauce with a couple pieces of texas garlic toast. I was surprised at the number / size of the shrimp for a noon-time special -- certainly enough for the price, fresh, and nicely grilled.
Louis, our server was if anything overly concerned about giving good service but that's a "flaw" that's hard to find nowadays and his friendly banter was nice for a change -- gotta love a young waiter who's willing to give as good as he gets.
After we were seated I did notice that other diners were not greeted or seated nearly as quickly -- the staff seemed to get carried away with their own conversations and didn't notice a couple of new arrivals -- but the failure to greet was my only negative takeaway from the visit.

I might NOT have chosen to break the linquine into small hunks -- I happen to LIKE winding my pasta on a fork -- but the length of the noodles did nothing to damage the flavor of the meal.

And on a positive note we ended with a piece of their carrot cake -- made in a bundt pan and wonderfully moist tasty... nice ending to a nice meal.

Texas
“Food can be great to average depending on...”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Food can be great to average depending on what you order. Shrimp was very good. More of a bar atmosphere.