“Always Good”

Wanna-Wanna Beach Bar & Grill
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Just a quiet night with friends enjoying a Wanna-Wanna. Some were hurting the next day!!!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

I went everyday to Wanna-Wanna’s during my weeklong visit (even had family staying at the on-sight hotel). It’s right off the beach, how convenient is that? We would setup our day camp on the beach, and would walk a few steps to the bar when we wanted something different than the beer we brought. The mixed drinks and beer were always ice cold (very refreshing on a hot and humid afternoon on the beach). Some of my family had the fried shrimp and oysters, and said it was really good. Also, If you take care of the bartenders(tips), they will always take good care of you and your party. It has a very laid back atmosphere, and offers some live entertainment on the weekend.

Because this place is popular with locals and visitors alike, it tends to get crowded on the weekends and after 4ish during the week…and rightly so. The hotel is okay. It’s an older hotel so don’t expect anything fancy (rooms, furnishings and appliances are dated). While there, I noticed the staff was always working hard to clean the rooms and the pool. Speaking of the pool, I loved it. It was small but because the beach a few steps away, it was seldom used by other guest. I enjoyed swimming in the pool with my beer while listening to the music being played at the bar, fifty feet away. I must forewarn you party animals – because this place is right off the beach, the alcohol prices are a bit high(my opinion) when compared to some of the other places on the island, especially mixed drinks.
I defiantly recommend visiting Wanna-Wanna’s when on South Padre.

1  Thank RomanusRodrigo
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Thier Hamburgers are very good and the shimp and fish are what the Gulf is all about.

1  Thank nrd
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel is in an EXCELLENT location and it is definitely the most happening place on the beach, we walked the beach from north to south 2 separate nights and Wanna Wanna was definitely the place to be. I would not recommend this hotel for a family stay if you have young children or for people who want a nice quiet peaceful vacation, you wanna wanna party or find another spot to stay.

Pro's - location is great, you are literally on the beach, food is pretty good and just a few steps away, the outside bar has an amazing view of the gulf and there was a live band every night we were there, also there are only 15 rooms but beware, people come from all over the island to enjoy Wanna Wanna
Cons - we didn't like the way the parking was arranged, we feel that we are paying for a room and we should get the parking next to the building. They give you a parking permit but they don't enforce it, most of the cars with the good parking did not have permits even though the sign says vehicles will be towed. This place is happening and if we left to even go take a drive we had to park across the street when we got back. Also security isn't great, we didn't have any problems with vandalism but were a little turned off that late at night people were sneaking in the pool, one night an older man was serving up alcohol to very young teenage girls in the pool, we never even attempted to swim in it after we saw some of what was going on in it from our deck.
Bottom Line....if you want to party at the hippest place on the beach it's Wanna Wanna all the way, if you want a nice quiet vacation pick the Hilton or one of the condos.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We ate here twice during our stay. Loved the atmosphere, it is open air right on the beach. Food is nothing fancy, I had a burger and it was great! Highly recommend for a fun relaxing dinner on the beach!

1  Thank Sherrikt