“Food Not so Good!!! Service Sucks!!! Don't waist your money wait 1 1/2 hours elsewhere!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paulino's Italian Restaurant

Paulino's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pflugerville, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

The owner cooks and his wife tries to be the waitress, hostess, cashier and bar tender. They have one other person that is the assistant cook, dish washer and bus boy. In all, three people try to satisfy customers on a busy summer Saturday night in July (nice try hire a staff). My family was insulted by this restaurant and its owners Saturday 31 July 2010. We thought that a small family owned restaurant on the island would give us great service and good prices for authentic Italian food. Well, we were wrong; service sucks and food is just OK. It took 10 minutes to seat us (only 5 tables seated). The waitress never made eye contact with us and walked by us six (6) times. We did not know if we should seat ourselves or what! I know, we should have left at this point, but we were hungry (long day at the beach). Long story short, the drinks were wrong, the salad order was wrong, and the dinner was wrong. It took over one hour and half (seated with eight tables max) to get dinner. It took almost 30 minutes before we could order drinks. My mother in-laws dish showed up fifteen minutes after we all had started. We were almost finished before she could start. The waitress made rude gestures when we asked for refills on coke (never got them) “hold on”! When I asked for the manager (Cook/ Owner/ Husband) he made excuses and never excused himself. Instead he bragged how rich he was and that he was 71 and did not need to do this anymore (get out of Dodge). Meanwhile his wife arrogantly made rude snooty gestures towards my family and I. I decided to do this write up after they asked what I did (really I just want to be treated well) and they laughed at me. The bragging continued about how worldly traveled they are. I’m retired Army and it’s been over three years since I could afford to take my family on vacation and this what we got.

2 Thank Chuckswimcoach

Carrollton, Texas
“Sorry, but have to say no cigar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

Went to Paulino's based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. Was not impressed. While the service was attentive and friendly, the food quality was remiscent of Chef Boyardee. Unfortunate, but I would not ever dine there again.

Austin, Texas
“Home Cooked Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2010

We went to Paulino's based on other excellent reviews and was not disappointed. Even though the interior is dated, Paulino is a native Italian by way of Chile, he cooks meals fresh, the sauce was excellent, and I got a veal dish to see if I heard him pounding it, and sure enough he did. To top is all off, they had Spumoni for dessert. We can find it in Austin.

finger lakes NY
“Excellent Italian!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2010

I visited Paulino's recently, it is VERY GOOD. I ordered veal scallopini, a few minutes later I could hear the veal being pounded in the kitchen. Always a good sign; you know that the meal is not coming out of a freezer and passing thru the microwave.

The food was perfectly prepared and served. I recommend this restaurant if you're on South Padre & want good Italian. The atmosphere is not super fancy, but then you're not paing for super fancy either. GOOD FOOD, well prepared and served is what this place seems to be all about.

Lake Ozark, Missouri
“Great Find at SPI”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

This place has been open for ten years, but after coming to SPI our friends and my wife and just discovered the place. We only had lunch there, but if that's any indication, dinner will be just as delicious! Three of us had the Flounder luncheon special, which featured the fish lightly breaded and pan grilled with a side of spaghetti with an excellent marinara sauce. The fish was cooked to perfection and the spaghetti sauce is home made. The lunch (there are four specials served which include Lasagna, chicken or pork chop as the other choices) with a side of either salad or home made minestrone soup. The ministrone is excellent and it especially tasted great on a cold, blustery day.
The place is family owned and you get attention from one of the owners. We will be returning for another lunch as well as dinner during our stay.
Paulino's is located at 4600 Padre Blvd, on the NE corner of Padre and Saturn.