“GREAT VARIETY OF ICE CREAM”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dolce Roma

Dolce Roma
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
McAllen, Texas
“GREAT VARIETY OF ICE CREAM”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

We were not sure about the quality of the place after reading some reviews. The ice cream we had was good. It was difficult to decide about the flavor to have. They have a big variety of ice cream in the counter/refrigerator. In addition they have other flavors on the back. I asked for coconut, it was good. I also had the pina colada and it was good too. My son had chocolate mint, which I also tried. My wife had the raspberry one. All were good. We then ordered a hazelnut cappuccino. That was a mistake. They have an espresso machine, and the coffee is good. The hazelnut flavoring was the mistake. It is excessively sweet for my taste. Even adding an extra espresso did not fix it.
In summary: This is a good place for ice cream. The espresso is good, but unless you like extra sweet flavoring , do not add anything to it.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Carlos A

Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
“Yummy gelato”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We all tried a different flavor and none of us were disappointed. There were over 40 varieties so hard to pick one.

Visited April 2014
Mendota
“Good…Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

While it is not the best Italian Ice I have ever had, it was very good. We had cake batter and oreo blast flavors and they were excellent.

• Visited January 2014
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Open...or maybe not.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on SPI in late October - low season. The whole island was super quiet, so I get that it's not a high revenue time of year. However, this business didn't have set hours!

The coffees (lattes/espresso) were actually good, when you could get one. I had asked what time they opened, and was told "maybe 9, maybe 10". Door is locked at 9:30 am when I check the next day. Come back at 10:15, and door is unlocked but nobody is there. I open an adjoining door to a store to inquire, and am told that "maybe another fifteen minutes" until someone will start working.

Long story short, it's hard to know if this place will be open or closed when you go by - an odd way to run a business. And as an aside, the gelato here was also pretty decent.

Visited October 2013
Marshall
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

The gelato is okay not what I expected in comparison to ice cream. I did not like it. I would prefer ice cream I thought the treat would be more creamer.

• Visited July 2013