“Love this place!”
Review of Dolce Roma

Dolce Roma
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to get ice cream! The best we ever have had!!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Lots of flavors to choose from, modern atmosphere, but a little on the pricey side.

Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

After a day at Schlitterbahn this gellato hit the spot.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We wanted some ice cream one afternoon and spotted this place across the street while we were having dinner at the Big Donkey. They certainly have a lot of flavors to choose from, but it's very expensive. 2 scoops in a waffle cone was $5.99. For 3 of us we spent nearly $20. It was not creamy like Italian ice cream (gelato) - the texture was strange to all of us. The cones seemed stale. I would have rather spent my money and my calories on a soft serve vanilla cone from McDonald's. Next time we will check out DavyJones Ice Cream Locker in port isabel. We stumbled upon that later in the day so we were not about to have ice cream...again ;-)

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We noticed this place while driving around and got some ice cream after dinner elsewhere one night. I didn't have high hopes because the sign outside said "Italian ice cream" instead of "gelato". It may not have been the best ever, but considering we were in far south Texas at a beach town, it was great. I had chocolate and vanilla and liked both very much. One problem I often have with chocolate ice cream of any type is that it often doesn't have an intense chocolate flavor, as if the makers added enough for the right color, but not enough for stronger flavor. This was very chocolately! Yes, it's pricey, but I thought worth it. For cheaper stuff, try the Dairy Queen.