“Excellent Shrimp - believe it!!!”
Review of Shrimp Haus

Shrimp Haus
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Shrimp Haus Restaurant features gulf views and great food. With 101 ways to eat shrimp, plus steaks, seafood, burgers, pizzas and more, all served in a family-friendly environment, the Shrimp Haus is well-known for its diverse, reasonably priced menu. Boasting the Island's best margaritas and featuring live entertainment most evenings, the Shrimp Haus is open year-round. Located adjacent to the Schlitterbahn Beach Resort and Waterpark, the restaurant caters to a wide array of guests. Signature dishes include Coconut Fried Shrimp, Lobster Burritos and Fried Ice Cream.
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Shrimp - believe it!!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

No I didn't have fried shrimp but I had about 50 other types to choose from! This place really does have more shrimp dishes than you can possibly imagine - blackened, scampi, broiled, brochette, in pasta, and the list goes on. I had the blackened shrimp with grilled veggies which was wonderful! The veggies were fresh and tasty, the shrimp were spicy and larger than average. An excellent meal. The good thing was that it was next door to Schlitterbahn which was closed so we didn't have to wait for a table. My friend had the all you can eat fried shrimp which she loved as well. An excellent place to eat.

• Visited October 2011

Austin, Texas
“Shrimp”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

A large variety of shrimp. They would have done "Forrest Gump" proud. We went on a Sunday night so we had to place pretty much to ourselfs. Had the all you can eat fried shrimp, which they kept bring out as soon as they saw I was getting low. Medium to large size shrimp.

• Visited October 2011
Huntingtown, MD
“Decent Food, Not too Pricey”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

As with many families trying to figure out where to go for dinner on South Padre Island, we were toggling between Trip Advisor, Yelp!, brochures in our hotel lobby, and advice from locals. Well, the Trip Advisor and Yelp! recommendations (unfortunately) were not taken into account as much as a brochure that one of the family members picked up. So, we bundled up our two families and went down to the Shrimp Haus. It was Father's Day and we expected it to be packed (as many of the other restaurants on the Island were), but the parking lot was virtually empty.

I thought "uh, oh" the restaurant must be horrible. A couple of our family members got the rest of us to press on despite our misgivings. What was really bizarre was that the restaurant was part of the Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark property, but there were virtually no cars there. When we got up to the restaurant, we were seated immediately. There were a handful of other families there eating and a number of waiters and waitresses standing around. My worry meter was pinging out of control.

The waitress appeared to have a rather difficult time understanding us (it was obvious that her primary language was Spanish), so was starting to be even more concerned when a couple of the family members' orders (Snapper, etc) were not available.

That said, once the food came out, everything was fine. I got the grilled shrimp (it was good by the way, though the vegetables that came with it were only so-so). My wife got the Tequila shrimp and liked them. A couple family members got the shrimp scampi. I can't remember what the others got.

The service was ok - the biggest problem was the speech barrier, but other than that, it was fine. Nothing to write home about. It wasn't too pricey. We split the check, and I think that the price for my family of four was about $60 or so.

The only downside was that once we got back to the hotel, EVERYONE in our party had to use the bathroom. Don't know why. No one got sick, but it was curious....

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank HuntingtownTraveler
Boston, Massachusetts
“SHRIMP TASTED LIKE CHOLORINE”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I got the all you can eat shrimp plate and it tasted like cholorine. I got a second plate since it was free and it was not much better. We were there at the end of the night bot there is no excuse for foul tasting shrimp espically when shrimp is your speciality.

• Visited May 2011
Boerne, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scrumdiddlyumptious bites with a splendiferous view”
Reviewed March 4, 2011

My family and I went to South Padre Island for a quick weekend getaway. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn - The hotel staff refused to reccomend any other place to dine excpet the lobby restraunt on property....(atrocious)

We went on a Dolphin watch (sold to us by the concierge at the hotel) and asked our boat crew about great restaurants. They told us to try the Shrimp Haus and pointed out that it is next to Schlitterbahn water park. WOW!!!!! I had Shrimp Enchilada's that were to die for. My daughter had a shrimp Brick oven Pizza and my husband had Ribeye Steak and Shrimp. The portions were more than satisfying. We loved the salad bar. We had fried icecream which thrilled my daughter to no end! She couldn't imagine a Fried Icecream - when it arrived she screamed with enthusiasim. Ever since, she has been asking me to take her to the icecream place.... too bad we are 4 1/2 hours away. I can't wait for our next South Padre trip... perhaps this summer so we can go play in the water at Schlitterbahn and eat at the Shrimp Haus.

• Visited February 2011