“Good place to eat breakfast or lunch while in SPI”

Grapevine Cafe & Coffeehouse
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999, Grapevine Café’s original owners created a simple restaurant offering breakfast and lunch favorites from traditional Mexican and American recipes. Under new ownership since 2006, the Grapevine Café has grown considerably in concurrence with the beautiful and surrounding city of South Padre Island, Texas. In many ways, we are still that casual eatery that serves delicious, simple and affordable food. Today, our menu boasts a greater variety of choices. We have added healthier menu items that are vegetarian and gluten free. We also offer a full line of gourmet, freshly ground coffee drinks and teas from our popular espresso bar. We take great pride in serving food that is made in-house, fresh and daily from proprietary, authentic recipes.
Pearland, Texas
“Good place to eat breakfast or lunch while in SPI”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were looking for a different and decent place to eat breakfast in SPI before we rolled out of town, and saw this place was ranked pretty highly on Tripadvisor. It was a fairly busy place but I think we got in just before it got really crowded. Its kind of a small place with a cozy coffee-shop feel to it. The they had a lot of choices on the menu for breakfast and lunch, so there is probably something here for everyone. The prices were fairly reasonable too. Apparently they roast their own coffee on premises, and it was in fact pretty fresh and tasty.

I had a big breakfast fajita taco and my girlfriend had a breakfast tray with oatmeal, milk, fruit, etc. Everything was fresh and tasty, and the tortilla on my taco was also home made, which was a nice plus. The portions were pretty good and gave us enough food to hold us for a while on the road. I would have been really great if the fajita meat was grilled over mesquite or something, but it was still pretty good. The service was also pretty friendly.

If you are looking for a for a nice clean place to eat breakfast or lunch in SPI and want a wide variety of options, you should give this place a try.

San Antonio, Texas
“Gem of a Place for Breakfast”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

During our recent visit to SPI, we took a chance and ate breakfast at the Grapevine Cafe & Coffeehouse. I'm glad we did. I ordered a cup of oatmeal which is served with brown sugar and a cup of milk. I also ordered a fruit cup and a side of wheat toast. My BF ordered a fajita style taco which is served with lettuce and avocado. My breakfast was exceptional and the fruit was fresh and yummy. They also roast their own coffee which was delicious. I would have given this place a "EXCELLENT" rating if the fajita meat was grilled a bit longer. It tasted steamed instead. Also, I'm very picky about tortillas. The ones served here did not appear to be homemade. It would be nice if they were. None the less, this is a GREAT place for breakfast. I'll definitely eat here again when visiting SPI.

The Woodlands, Texas
“Showing off our little secret ”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Took aunt and uncle who have properly on the island - thru had never been. Met for breakfast and it was fantastic as always. Menu is economical and the service is great. Try the mucho breakfast taco - it's a giant but unbelievably good. Owner has redecorated to make it more accessible and it's quite roomy inside.. Coffee is great too!

Helotes, Texas
“yummmmmy”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We went back TWICE. Coffee was out of this world. Each time the service was fast, friendly and awesome. Thank you for making the trip a little bit better ;o)

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Chelle R
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Worth taking a chance!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We took a chance on this place at around 7am, after seeing a sea turtle release at the nearby beach. We are so glad we stopped here! The breakfast here was probably the best we had on the island. The server was very accomodating, and the food was very tasty and prepared to our liking. The location was clean and had a nice vibe to it (I believe they are only open for breakfast and lunch, but not sure). Being as we were there fairly early, it wasn't overly-busy but we did notice traffic started to pick up as we were leaving. The food was basic american breakfast and many Mexican favorites. I recomend the chilaquiles or the flour tacos. Coffee hit the spot, too. If and when I return to Padre Island, I will make it a point to go back for breakfast!