“Good place for breakfast”

Grapevine Cafe & Coffeehouse
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999, Grapevine Café’s original owners created a simple restaurant offering breakfast and lunch favorites from traditional Mexican and American recipes. Under new ownership since 2006, the Grapevine Café has grown considerably in concurrence with the beautiful and surrounding city of South Padre Island, Texas. In many ways, we are still that casual eatery that serves delicious, simple and affordable food. Today, our menu boasts a greater variety of choices. We have added healthier menu items that are vegetarian and gluten free. We also offer a full line of gourmet, freshly ground coffee drinks and teas from our popular espresso bar. We take great pride in serving food that is made in-house, fresh and daily from proprietary, authentic recipes.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nice place for breakfast. The menu selection was good. Food was tasty. Service was good. Nice place for a family.

2  Thank TravlingTexan

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Found the Grapevine Cafe on tripadvisor and all the review were spot on. Great food and service. Tacos are HUGE. We got 2 supersized & it was split 6 ways. Great coffee & the water is FILTERED, taste great. The wait staff is very helpful. You can't go wrong with the price point.

3  Thank Cathy F
Reviewed June 24, 2013

All in all, perfect service. Our waiter, I believe his name is Justin, served us quit well, good-natured, friendly and persistent. Fast service and got our orders down in good time, if I could give an example of good service it would be that young man, justin. The food was amazing, my compliments to the chief! The one thing that disturbed me, in fact the only thing I'm not happy with there is this one waitress (short, a bit on the chubby side with a loud heavy accent) I'm sorry but I can here the young lady from across the room, so the only possible thing I can do (instead of enjoying my well-prepared meal) i was to observe the waitress which brought disturbing entertainment for my part. A "lady" almost screaming at other waiters what to do and to do things for her, was really brought to my attention. I did not like her attitude she brought that morning/afternoon. I went for a week to visit from Dallas and the only disturbing yet not surprisingly thing I've seen on this island was that waitress. To the employee management, I too work in a well growing business and I have to say, is she making or breaking your fine restaurant? Is she helping or hurting it. BUT all in all, I will come again

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Way down in South Texas lies a little gem on an island called South Padre Island, Texas. This phenomenal dive is called the Grapevine Cafe- it serves breakfast and lunch. They have anything from Ahi Yellowfin Tuna, fresh squeezed orange juice, and the Best Omlettes in South Texas, bar none. The pancakes are light, fluffy and delightful and filled with your choice of fresh fruit and other delicious toppings. There is also a full coffee bar with a witty and charming barrista!! He is absolutely hilarious. The homemade flour tortillas are 14 inches in circumference and filled with barbacoa, chorizo and egg, and other mexican delicacies. Try the ranchero sauce on your eggs! Homemade!! The servers are charming and love to make us laugh. We went three days in a row!

1  Thank Barriofabulous
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Ate here twice for breakfast during our vacation and was pleasantly surprised. Friendly staff and some of the biggest breakfast tacos I have ever eaten. If your in town, give this place a try and you wont be disappointed.

1  Thank eddieh75