Grapevine Cafe & Coffeehouse
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999, Grapevine Café’s original owners created a simple restaurant offering breakfast and lunch favorites from traditional Mexican and American recipes. Under new ownership since 2006, the Grapevine Café has grown considerably in concurrence with the beautiful and surrounding city of South Padre Island, Texas. In many ways, we are still that casual eatery that serves delicious, simple and affordable food. Today, our menu boasts a greater variety of choices. We have added healthier menu items that are vegetarian and gluten free. We also offer a full line of gourmet, freshly ground coffee drinks and teas from our popular espresso bar. We take great pride in serving food that is made in-house, fresh and daily from proprietary, authentic recipes.
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This was recommended to us for breakfast. We ate there 3 times for breakfast. Very clean an wonderful staff . Always fresh, not made ahead . Would definately recommend it.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Average breakfast. I had Eggs Florentine and husband got a veggie omelet. Nothing extraordinary about either one. Daughter was happy with a pancake with mouse ears and mini chocolate chip eyes and nose.

Filter coffee not great. The Grapevine doesn't serve real espresso drinks, which is typical for SPI.

We also ate breakfast at Yummie's, and I'd rate both of them about the same.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We've been going to this restaurant on the island for over six years, and Dora has been there all along... always friendly, smiling, and providing excellent service. The restaurant is very good, and can be really packed, especially on weekends. The waiters and waitresses really need to hustle and have no time for rest. Dora always keeps her cool and takes great care of her customers. Even taking the time to remark upon how quickly our children have grown over the years. Thank you, Dora!... enjoy your first Christmas off in ten years!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Breakfast is very good here. Service was a little slow, but not too bad. The pancakes are sweet and fluffy. The french toast was also good.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I are from Austin, TX and we own a Condo at Gulfpoint Condominiums on the island. We have been coming to the Grapevine for a few years now. We make it a point to go there for breakfast atleast once everytime we go stay at our place. I love their giant Loco Taco. It is so good. The service had always lacked and was leaning to poor. BUT...that has all changed. My wife and I went there the week of Thanksgiving to enjoy the holiday on the beach. We went there for breakfast and I was really excited at how much the service has improved. I had to pull the Manager (Dora) aside and give her kudos. The smile on her face was priceless. She told me she was happy to hear that because she been trying real hard to improve customer service. I told her she "great job". Great food and yes...great service now. Highly recommend it.