“Great Breakfast”

Grapevine Cafe & Coffeehouse
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999, Grapevine Café’s original owners created a simple restaurant offering breakfast and lunch favorites from traditional Mexican and American recipes. Under new ownership since 2006, the Grapevine Café has grown considerably in concurrence with the beautiful and surrounding city of South Padre Island, Texas. In many ways, we are still that casual eatery that serves delicious, simple and affordable food. Today, our menu boasts a greater variety of choices. We have added healthier menu items that are vegetarian and gluten free. We also offer a full line of gourmet, freshly ground coffee drinks and teas from our popular espresso bar. We take great pride in serving food that is made in-house, fresh and daily from proprietary, authentic recipes.
Festus, MO
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Breakfast is very good here. Service was a little slow, but not too bad. The pancakes are sweet and fluffy. The french toast was also good.

• Visited December 2012

Round Rock, Texas
“Big Improvement!!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I are from Austin, TX and we own a Condo at Gulfpoint Condominiums on the island. We have been coming to the Grapevine for a few years now. We make it a point to go there for breakfast atleast once everytime we go stay at our place. I love their giant Loco Taco. It is so good. The service had always lacked and was leaning to poor. BUT...that has all changed. My wife and I went there the week of Thanksgiving to enjoy the holiday on the beach. We went there for breakfast and I was really excited at how much the service has improved. I had to pull the Manager (Dora) aside and give her kudos. The smile on her face was priceless. She told me she was happy to hear that because she been trying real hard to improve customer service. I told her she "great job". Great food and yes...great service now. Highly recommend it.

South Padre Island, Texas
“Breakfast and Lunch”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

It feels so good to get back to South Padre Island and be able to start my day with breadfast or lunch at the Grapevine Cafe. The food is consistently good and the staff are very efficient and friendly. There are many things on the menu that we like and have never had a bad meal. My husband loves the tacos and really looks forward to the next time he comes to the Grapevine. Our first visit this fall after returning to the Island felt like a homecoming.

Castlebar, Mayo, Ireland
“Great food and very friendly staff especially Dora!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very nice place, the best pancakes ive eaten in Texas! Very friendly an helpful staff. Loads of knowledge about the area and Island. Fast internet connection. I'll be back :-)

Austin, Texas
“Great little cafe”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great little cafe. Clean, bright, and open at 6:30, earliest on the island. Coffee's good. Biscuits are delicious. Waitstaff is friendly and helpful. I like their motto- "Sit... Relax... Gossip."

Visited November 2012