“Didn't live up to the reviews.”

Grapevine Cafe & Coffeehouse
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999, Grapevine Café’s original owners created a simple restaurant offering breakfast and lunch favorites from traditional Mexican and American recipes. Under new ownership since 2006, the Grapevine Café has grown considerably in concurrence with the beautiful and surrounding city of South Padre Island, Texas. In many ways, we are still that casual eatery that serves delicious, simple and affordable food. Today, our menu boasts a greater variety of choices. We have added healthier menu items that are vegetarian and gluten free. We also offer a full line of gourmet, freshly ground coffee drinks and teas from our popular espresso bar. We take great pride in serving food that is made in-house, fresh and daily from proprietary, authentic recipes.
“Didn't live up to the reviews.”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My wife and I ate here one morning out of five, that was enough. Should've tried other menu items perhaps. I had "okay" French toast; my wife had the yogurt parfait. She was not impressed. For yogurt parfait, need to go to Yummies Bistro. Coffee at Grapevine was okay.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good little breakfast”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Went for breakfast with my hsband and two sons (ages 4 & 6)...Seated right away- but mind you it was a Friday morning..probably a different story on the weekend. Great coffee, fresh OJ. Food was pretty decent- nothing that was just like "I need to have this again!!!"..but this was the morning we were leaving and honestly, it was probably the best food we ate out...

• Visited August 2011
San Antonio, Texas
“Our favorite cant wait to get there place!”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

emc600 must of been at a different restaurant he sure misses on our account.

Huge portions ! and great food for a stellar price!

I have been dinning at the grapevine for three years or every time We get down to South Padre. We have seen the place get remodeled some of the same staff still there over the years. The owner is nice fella genuinely interested in what and how our service and food was
The Cafe over the years has and just keeps getting better,food is great ,service is consistent in getting the order and food delivery. My kids love the french Toast and chocolate chip pancakes. For the price,quality and quantity you cant beat it in my book or my kids. Last time I was there was second week in July, I had their lunch special Ahi tuna on Cesar salad, I didnt expect much for a place like this, and knew it might be a risky order , Wow! was I surprised to my delight the tuna was med rare sushi grade or darn close melted in my mouth , fresh crisp salad awsome !

I am a stay at home (White) dad with three boys, single income family been doing this for 10 years. I know about value, and get pretty darn ticked off to pay good money the few times we do go out to eat and get bad service or food.

When we find a good local eatery we stick with it!
I no what to expect and that's priceless on vacation.

I wish I had a place like this around my house.

The Grapevine is a keeper.

• Visited July 2011
“Mexican or American breakfast done right.”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Excellent food. Pancakes are awsome. "better than starbucks" coffee. Price was right, though surprisingly reasonable for a tourist town. We ll be back forsure.

“Diner/coffee house feel with Mexican and American food tasty and very generous portions for price”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We were seated promptly noticed how clean the place appeared especially for how busy they were. Someone other than our waiter was quick to bring us menus and take our drink order. The waiter brought our drinks and took our order. Food came out in a reasonable amount of time for how busy they were. Me the kids had the French toast which were increadible I had the eggs and porkchops(the best) and my wife had the migas and one of their homemade tortillas that we heard were a must. She said the Mexican food lived up to the hype. We were also impressed that they served fresh squeezed oj and bold flavorful coffee, I expected average. A must try on south padre especially when you can feed your family for under $35.