“Best place on SPI”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
“Best place on SPI”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the odd location this restaurant is everything you want in a beach restaurant. Views, ocean breeze and great food. We all loved the salad options ( nice to have a healthy option) - great happy hour also. Staff were efficient and friendly. We ate here twice and there was something for everyone one the menu. New favorite place!

Visited August 2014

Austin, Texas
“Our favorite!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Cafe @ The Palms is hands down our favorite SPI restaurant. When we're at the beach, we want to see the beach and this is a perfect spot w/always a great ocean breeze. They have the BEST Oysters Rockefeller and we love their lobster tails! Homemade potato chips, BLT and corn dogs are a step above. Definitely a place to come when you're on the island!

• Visited August 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Always outstanding!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Love coming to this restaurant every time we visit South Padre. Great location on the beach, and they have the best Oysters Rockefeller in town. We get them with every meal. Wait staff is very professional and accommodating. Wine list is small but excellent. You will probably have to wait for a table in the summer, but it's worth it!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank CathyfromFW
Dallas
“Loved this place”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This is a charming open air cafe at the back of a old motel that has been updated. We loved so much we went two days in a row. The homemade potato chips are amazing, the fish tacos fantastic. The fried seafood fresh and not too greasy.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ashley R
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good but left with bad impression but will be back :)”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were seated at 11:04 AM, breakfast is served until 11:00. I asked immediately before she even left table asking if I could still order breakfast as I had my heart and stomach set on Eggs Benedict which I heard were great from here. Response was sorry, we already took a lunch order so we can't, no let me check or anything, just walked off. So, had to reboot and decide on lunch which I was not ready for. Ended up ordering a shrimp basket which I have to say was the best shrimp meal I had on the island and I ordered shrimp in some form from every restaurant we went to. Nice big shrimp, cooked perfectly, fries were great too. So, although, I was disappointed about breakfast and the lack of customer service provided, we will be back this time nice and early.

• Visited July 2014