“Good food, but overpriced.”

Cafe on the Beach at The Palms Resort
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The food was okay, I order a grilled chicken sandwich with slice of pineapple in it. The chicken was dry and the pineapple was tough and mostly from the core. Happy hour drinks were well priced, but my margarita tasted like salt was mixed in it, not just on the rim. It has hard to drink, but my boyfriend's was fine. I don't think we will return, there are better priced restaurants with very similar food for better prices. And better happy hours drinks and prices.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The homemade Parmesan potato chips are great. I usually avoid homemade chips because I find them soggy and greasy. These are like kettle chips and loaded with sprinkled Parmesan. Great appetizer! Service is good. View is very nice if you want beach view but not right on the beach so good place to visit with friends as no band playing as in so many other beach restaurants. Family friendly.

tmetty, Owner at Cafe on the Beach at The Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

I'm so delighted you enjoyed your return visit to our beach Café! I agree with you about our home made potato chips - they are sooooooooooo yummy! I'm pleased that you recognize that our Café offers a peaceful setting with a great view .... perfect for having a good chat with your friends ..... without an annoying band playing in the background!

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Please come back soon .... we'll be waiting for you!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My family and I enjoyed dinner at this beach side cafe during our stay at South Padre Island. Beautiful view of the ocean, and even though this is an outdoor cafe, it was very breezy and comfortable. I had the crab cakes and the Beachfront salad. So delicious! My son loved the corndogs with homemade potato chips. It is small and intimate, so I think it would be great for a romantic date as well as a family dinner. We will definitely be returning!

You had one of my favorite meals.....Crab cakes and the Beachfront salad! I'm so glad you enjoyed them. Thank you for sharing your experience! We look forward to your return to South Padre Island and to our cozy little beach Café!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I found the food to be very good and the service attentive as well. This is a must try for those visiting SPI.

1  Thank bayfshr
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had breakfast here on the last day of my trip. Good food, nice portions, reasonable prices. The cafe is located on the beach. When you are sitting down you can see the ocean. It is very peaceful! It is an open air restaurant with ceiling fans. I was there when it was hot, but with the ocean breeze it was surprisingly comfortable. We ordered the migas, and the egg, bacon, pancake platter. They were both great! Will definitely eat here more than once on my next trip down.