“Best Cruise Ever!!! ”
Review of Breakaway Cruises

Breakaway Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Breakaway Cruises provides activities for South Padre Island visitors including dolphin watch eco-tours, parasailing, jet skis, bay and deep sea fishing, fireworks cruises, and more.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I took our 4 kids (14,11,8,8) on the Eco Cruise and it was awesome! Captain Mike and First Mate Omar were both phenomenal and really made it a blast for all of us! We saw tons of dolphins up close and got to touch and hold lots of sea life pulled from the net including crabs, fish, a star fish, a butterfly ray, a jelly fish and a baby squid! My kids also loved Captain Mikes dog, Radar! We definitely recommend booking this cruise!

Lyn L, Manager at Breakaway Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Thank you for your five star review. Your opinion means the world to us. We will let the Captain & crew know they are doing a phenomenal Job. Come back soon.

All reviews
"dinner cruise"
"saw dolphins"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

We bought the Gold Package and it was well worth it!
We broke up the activities over more than one day as it was too much to do in one, which was perfect.
All of the captains and staff were fabulous and it was really just a wonderful experience. We highly recommend them!

Thank you for your review and recomendation. It's very important that we know our customers expectations are met. Safe travels.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

Captain Bart and Eli were awesome. They made it fun and exciting, great crew. Thank you for the memory!

Fantastic to hear we will pass this on to our Wonderful Crew. We are elated to be a part of your Memorable vacation! See you soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

We were scheduled to go out a 9:00AM on the 23 Aug 2017 for snorkeling. Wife and I drove from Brownsville to SPI. Found out after we got there, they had cancelled the trip due to not having enough people. Needless to say, we were upset and questioned why they had not called. Lady working the counter said they did call that morning AFTER WE HAD ALREADY LEFT OUR HOUSE! We would have already been in Port Isabel by the time she called to notify us. I questioned why they did not call the night before. No response. Even when we first made the reservation, if they had told us we needed to verify on the day we were scheduled, we would have. Pathetic way to run a business! And, they problem is, they do not care. They'll always be some other tourist that will choose them. Suggest you try Southern Wave Sailing Charters. That's where we'll be taking family and friends in the future.

4  Thank lostinstx u
See more reviews
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

We used this company for two activities, Dolphin watch and Bay Fishing. The Dolphin watch was not really what I expected. Not sure who the captain was because it was super hard to hear over the loud noise of the engine but no worries there. Saw a handful of dolphins and I certainly know that it is not the companies fault but I assumed, and that is my fault "assumed" that there would be an area where the dolphins "lived" or occupied normally so that was my disappointment. Again, not the company fault just my own lack of knowledge.
The next day was the Bay fishing and that was overall a good experience. The captains his deck hands were the nicest and helpful guys I have met during this experience. I would really like to say THANK YOU to those guy although I have forgotten their names. They did everything to help us catch fish but the fish were not really biting and not the fault of the crew. The group did catch a few things and it was overall a fun experience.
Well worth the price you pay and I would do the Bay fishing again with these guys again.

1  Thank Lysa H

Thank you for your review your opinion matters to us! Please feel free to call us at your earliest convinience so we may discuss this matter. 956.761.2212