“Glad I had a coupon, buy one get one free.”
Review of Breakaway Cruises

Breakaway Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Breakaway Cruises provides activities for South Padre Island visitors including dolphin watch eco-tours, parasailing, jet skis, bay and deep sea fishing, fireworks cruises, and more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Long Prairie, Minnesota
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Glad I had a coupon, buy one get one free.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

It was suppose to be an eco tour, they dragged a net and came up with nothing. Glad we only had to pay for one of us. Did see a few dolphins though.

Visited February 2014

Houston, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Please don't book here if you want a good trip!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had booked this business on a Tuesday, for a sunset sail. They said no problem, we will leave at 3:45. At 3:35, (too late to book with another cruise)they called to cancel stating there were not enough people to take on the cruise, but that I could book for tomorrow. I had told them that it was my anniversary, and do they guarantee that they will be out tomorrow. She said, "yes." The next day I called them at 1pm, to make sure they were going to go out. She stated yes we are for sure, you don't have to worry we are going." Again 10 minutes before we were to be there she called and said they had another offer, some cruise ship, and instead of honoring their promise, they were canceling our previously booked cruise, then she told me she had already called another place and they would take me. When I called that place, they said they had not heard from breakaway cruises that day and that they were already booked. I hate complaining, however this was a pretty low way to treat customers and it ruined our ability to be able to enjoy a sunset cruise for the short period of good weather when we were on the island. If they just would have told us earlier, it wouldn't have been so mean, and wrong, and I want to share this so anyone else wanting to come so they can be sure to book somewhere else and have a more enjoyable time than we did.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Rhimu
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Disappointing- please go somewhere else”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

So we came here for our anniversary, and we tried booking this on a Monday, and they said no, bit to try for tomorrow, so the very next day, Tuesday we booked at 9'am, they said they were going for sure. and they canceled on us 15 minutes before we were to leave, too late to book anywhere else, and so we re-booked for Wednesday,they promised us they would take off, and this time I called at 1 pm to make sure they were going to still go, letting them know this our anniversary and we really want to go (it was a beau,Tigua day) They said oh yes we are going for sure! Otherwise we would have tried to boom somewhere else. Then again, 15 minutes before they were to took off cancelled on us, NO apology stating some cruise ship and lied to us, they said they called another company and they would take us. When we called they said they had not heard from breakaway cruises all week.
I've read many comments on tripadvisor, and I always wondered if it was based on emotion or fact...these are all facts. I hate writing a negative review, however I feel that if I had known this before I would have booked somewhere else and not had wasted time and energy on this, I hope it helps you, dear reader!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank rhindan
“Went on AWESOME Sunset Dolphin Cruise”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I went on their dolphin sunset cruise.. We were offered refreshments and got a tour of the island while on the cruise.. We also saw probably 5 dolphins and it was a really awesome time.. The tour guides were super friendly and very helpful! :)

Visited September 2013
Round Rock, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Horrible experience- waste of time and money!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We made a reservation the day before to go parasailing and on waverunners. Our reservation was at 1200, and we were told to show up 15 minutes early. We showed up at 1130 and after waiting around, the girl at the desk told us they were running behind with another group and to come back at one. One hour wasn't enough time to do another activity or drive anywhere else, so we waited around for another hour. At one we waited again for the girl at the desk. She told us that a large group was out and we would have to wait until 2 or 3. At this point we had wasted almost our whole day. The girl at the desk was rude and apathetic- they only cared about making money, which means if you are a small group or couple, you are their last priority. Do not book with them! It was a waste of time and money!

Visited November 2013