Suntide II Resort Condominiums
Super 8 South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$44
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$90
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
$98
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$85
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$76
ComfortSuites
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$109
$99
$51
$46
$84
HIExpress.com
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$167
$76
Groupon.com
South Beach Inn Boutique Beach Motel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$79
Hotels.com
All reviewsoffice staffliving roombit datedwe've stayedstay there againunitsunrisespipadrebeachtrashmasteroceanmaintenance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Wonderful location. You get a great view, see our pics, it's quiet and romantic. We stayed in 503, on the north end, away from the pool.
The 5th floor has vaulted ceilings and you get a great view of both sides of the island, for sunrise and sunset.
It's a large 2 bedroom with 2 full baths, our friends cancelled and we had the entire place to ourselves. It has cable TV and WiFi.

Room Tip: Stay on the 5th floor on the northern end, away from the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ChrisandHolli
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We make the trip to South Padre Island every year with family. We have been staying at this condo for at least the last 15 years. We will be back again next year.

Positives
- Beach access
- Location. You are far enough away from the hotel district that the beach is not overly crowded
- Property is well maintained. This has been hit or miss over the years, but the new GM seems to be on top of things.
- Pool/hot tub times are well enforced. This cuts down on late night noise for 1st floor units.

Negatives
- Sometime the office staff can be unresponsive and/or dismissive
- Room furnishings are becoming a bit dated
- New pool fence takes away from the yard space behind some units (#107-109, I think)
- Parking space is limited and can get crowded during holiday times

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank JV14
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We just came back from one of many visits to South Padre Island. I recommend going on VRBO.COM -property# 56808 to rent unit #202. We like a lot of condos on the island, but this is the best for many reasons. Good area on beach. Very nice condo unit itself, and property as well -heated pool, hot tub, tennis, volley ball. However, the greatest thing is how close you actually are to the sand and waves from your balcony. You can see it from the master bathroom & bedroom, and living room, dining area and kitchen. Look up the listing to read my whole review. The condo is as beautiful and spacious as the photos, very nicely furnished for lots of room and comfort. Bathrooms big and all tile - huge. Great balcony furniture, too. Great staff at Suntide II, and in particular great owners of #202. Check them out

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 2go2Barbadosdreamer
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My husband, my son and his girlfriend and I made a reservation at the Suntide II condos after researching many other condos in the area. From what I read, and after talking to Aurora, the onsite manager on the phone, I decided this was the place for our Monday - Thursday beach vacation. When we checked in we were informed that starting on Weds at 10 am painters would be working on property. I was upset because nobody told me that when making the reservation. Guess what? On Tuesday (and not Wednesday) I was woken up at 8 am by drilling and hammering outside our window. Painters were preparing the walls, caulking, and drilling. We chose our condo because we liked the idea of having a ground floor condo and throughout the day not only did we hear all the drilling, etc but workers took over our patio, moved chairs away and worked on our patio all day. Our quiet and relaxed view became a dust cloud. The next day the workers moved to another unit, we got our patio back but no peace and quiet as they continued working. I complained several times and talked to Aurora, the onsite manager, which she was non responsive. She gave me $60 discount when I checked out and I feel she should have paid me for staying there. I planned my trip, save my money and was looking forward to escape the "rat race" of Dallas for some days of relaxation instead I felt I should have packed a hard hat instead of a swimming suit. I was mislead, I was lied because I was never told about the remodeling that would be taking place. If I had known, I would have never stayed there. The condo? Old but nice with the exception that the kitchen was bare, no necessities, like basics, salt, sugar, etc. Only pots and pans. I need to know who owns Suntide II so I can contact them direct. They should have scheduled maintenance renovation when the condos are empty or close down as many others do.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank lorearmand
Reviewed July 19, 2010

The Suntide II is in a great location with beachfront access and a nice pool and hot tub. The condo is average in terms of upkeep and cleanliness. There is a coin washer and dryer on the 2nd and 4th floors. It costs $1 for each load to wash and $1 to dry. We stayed in Condo number 406. If the laundry room was not on our floor, I imagine I would not have used it, as it would be a pain to go back and forth.
The condo was recently redone with new countertops and cabinets. I'm not sure what else was done to it. There is tile floor but the kitchen utensils, plates etc...are sparce. We wanted to grill one night and the condo didn't have a lighter or matches. We went to the management office and they couldn't help us either. We ended up borrowing a lighter from a neighbor. There are no games, books or even a DVD player in the unit. There were not enough rugs in the unit. I personally do not like to walk on all tile floor at a beach setting where sand gets tracked in and has no place to settle.
I feel like for the price, we could have done better. If it was less expensive we would probably stay there again.
The Suntide II is right next to a public beach access. This is a good thing because there is sparce parking and it is necessary to use the parking in the beach access lot. It is a bad thing because come Friday, all the locals come and play at the beach, making the beach very crowded. It would be nice to stay at a place that has a private beach.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family